Brewer Fanatic

Braves want Corey Hart- Latest: Melvin Confirms Braves' Interest, but no plans to trade Corey

Haudricourt on the D-List, responding to a question about the Braves asking about Hart: "Melvin said to the Braves that he's not motivated to move him." He used that phrase "Melvin said he's not motivated..." at least three times.

So where do you think Johnson will bat in the Brewers lineup? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I think the Braves have someone they like at second if Johnson is gone. Not sure who that is or where I read it...

I would imagine that is Martin Prado.

As far as the Braves - for Hart, I would imagine the package would have to center around Raphael Soriano, who could then come here to Milwaukee and become a superstar closer.

This would then free the Brewers up to Push hard for Adam Dunn in Right Field.

Resigning Cameron and his speed and range in center would be key to having Dunn in Right.

I wonder if Cam considers himself faster going center to right or Center to left? Id be interested to find out. Dunn behind Prince on Defense could be a bit worrysome.

Soriano signed a 2 year deal with ATL in January? He is still tradable right?

Oops, I hit the wrong button and deleted my post...

Soriano is a good call, but I have to think if Braun, Cameron and Dunn are in the same outfield, Braun would be the guy in RF. Cam would still have to cover Dunn something fierce in left, though.

Will Soriano be healthy next year, would be my only question. And would the Braves deal him coming off an injury?

As far as the Braves - for Hart, I would imagine the package would have to center around Raphael Soriano, who could then come here to Milwaukee and become a superstar closer.

This would then free the Brewers up to Push hard for Adam Dunn in Right Field.

Resigning Cameron and his speed and range in center would be key to having Dunn in Right.

The Braves right now don't even know if Soriano will be able to pitch in spring training yet since he recently had surgery on his elbow. That is a big concern and I wouldn't count on Soriano being as good as he was in 2007.

Cameron doesn't need to be resigned and I don't see the Brewers extending Cameron any longer than for this year which he is signed to play for the Brewers. Cain could be ready by 2009 to take over in CF for the Brewers.

Adam Dunn would be a nice signing but Braun would be moved to RF and Dunn would be playing in LF.

I would gladly trade Hart for Soriano and possibly an A ball pitcher or 2 (Rorborough or Locke).

Dunn would be the logical move at that point.

The offense is better, the pitching depth is better ( IF Soriano is healthy), the defense suffers.

First let me get in my weekly "I don't get why people here want David DeJesus" post.....

That taken care of, I don't get the love for Kelly Johnson here either. In my opinion, he would be a downgrade from Weeks. He strikes out just about as much and makes errors at about the same clip - all without the power potential and speed. What does he bring that Weeks doesn't? Do they need lefthanded bats that bad? I bet the Braves would trade Johnson for Weeks right now with no hesitation.

I think any trade of Hart should be for young starting pitching. They could fill RF with any number of FA (preferably lefthanded hitting) who they now have the money to get.

As for the Braves, they aren't likely to offer Jurrjens though they could probably come up with a package that might be worth considering.

I think you overvalue KC's players

Greinke is huge here, but there was a rumor of a Francoeur/Greinke swap, so this isn't completely out of line. I think Dejesus is somewhat of a "throw in", but yeah, i agree that something more would need to go to KC. Hart/Weeks for Francoeur/Johnson is probably a bit much and the Braves would probably need to throw in more as well.

I think you overvalue KC's players

I think you undervalue them.

Greinke is huge here, but there was a rumor of a Francoeur/Greinke swap

That rumor (which was ridiculous from the start) was shot down yesterday.

The way I look at it from a Milwaukee perspective is: Johnson for Hart-relatively fair straight up. Weeks for DeJesus-again, relatively fair. Greinke for Gamel and Jeffress-KC probably declines. Not to mention the fact that they already gave up DeJesus for Francouer which stinks for them. I certainly wouldn't consider DeJesus a throw-in. That's blasphemy on this board. The Braves, as you said, would have to kick someone in for KC, but I still don't see the motivation for the Royals.

Archived