Brewer Fanatic

How did you become a Brewers fan

schmidty
sauveb wrote:

From day one I was a Brewers fan. I lived and died with Steve Hovley, Tommy Harper, Gus Gil, and the rest of their teammates. Even though being a Brewers fan can be very frustrating, I have loved every minute of it. Many times a year I think of Bud Selig and silently thank him for giving me my team. While they will probably frustrate me for the rest of my life, I will be a Brewers fan until the day that I die.

Yes. Tommy Harper was a god to a little ten year old from Madison. I think a lot of the younger fans don't understand what Bud went through to bring baseball back to Milwaukee but we all owe him a great debt of gratitude.If it weren't for him there would not be Major League Baseball in Milwaukee.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was a young kid on a Wisconsin dairy farm when the Brewers got started. Brewer radio was a terrific diversion. Evening milking ran from 5 to 7:30PM so the East coast trip start times were ideal. I moved to Milwaukee in late 81 until 93 so I was around for a World Series and free George Webb burgers. Amazing to see folks stand in line for an hour to get a 39 cent burger but I guess we wanted to say we were there. It's a tough thing to be a fan of a small market team like the Brewers. We have to be perfect in everything we do plus we need some luck. I'm a fan for life regardless. Thanks for asking!

I live in Appleton so it was always easier to follow the Packers than the Brewers. But I started to follow the Brewers around the time that they drafted Prince and even more closely when they drafted Braun because my mom's maiden name is Braun. Honestly it was the farm system that did it for me. I've always liked to follow prospects in the NFL and such so when the Brewers farm system started to fill up with talent it was nice to follow them up to the bigs.

• 4 weeks later...
I became a Brewer fan as soon as I knew what Professional baseball was - 6 years old (1987). I started collecting baseball cards since my mom and dad started buying me packs of Topps (with bubblegum inside). I remember trying to collect the entire brewers team. Back then, we lived on Milwaukee's Northwest side. I remember police officers driving through our neighborhood stopping on our block to hand out the MPD issue Brewers trading cards.

Since as early as I can remember I have been a Brewers fan. Almost every time I talk to my dad the conversation starts with something Brewers. My dad signed me up for the Pepsi Fan Club (I thought it was Coca Cola Fan Club) when I was young, so I would always go to a number of games a year growing up.

I love this thread...some great stories.

I grew up in Wisconsin. When I was 5, my dad took me to a Brewer game in '82. One of the first vivid memories of my life. Everything after that revolved around the Brewers in my baseball fandom. Member of the Brewer/Pepsi fan club, member of the Rob Deer fan club. No matter where I go, what I do, I AM a Brewer fan.

Archived