Brewer Fanatic

Sox and Brewers talking about Jenks?

nate82 wrote:

Good luck in finding another platoon player that can do this against left handed pitchers.
You do not need to find someone who will do exactly what Hall did, you need to find someone who could be close and not cost 6.8 million this year and 8.4 million next year. That is a lot of money for a guy who plays well under half the games because he can only hit lefties. I think for half that we could find a good option for a platoon.

Replacing Hall's production against lefties may not be to tough(I think it would be), but finding somebody who will take him and all his salary in trade let alone getting something useful in return would be nothing short of miraculous.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Replacing Hall's production against lefties may not be to tough(I think it would be), but finding somebody who will take him and all his salary in trade let alone getting something useful in return would be nothing short of miraculous.
I agree with the last part of that completely. I do not think there is a way to get rid of Hall, but someone had brought him up as a part of the Jenks deal.

Good luck in finding another platoon player that can do this against left handed pitchers.

The question, though, is whether or not Hall has peaked and is trending downward. If he is, then he's not worth anything close to the ~15 million he's due over the next 2 years. Certainly not for an .800-ish OPS as the lefty part of a platoon that plays far less frequently as the righty.

PeaveyFury wrote:

The question, though, is whether or not Hall has peaked and is trending downward. If he is, then he's not worth anything close to the ~15 million he's due over the next 2 years. Certainly not for an .800-ish OPS as the lefty part of a platoon that plays far less frequently as the righty.

I don't think he is worth anywhere near the money he is owed over the next couple years. The only way he would be is if he is an everyday player. As of right now he is the small half of a platoon and possible late inning defensive replacement.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Dye is a FA after this season, so we could theoretically be the recipients of his Walk Year Numbers Spike, or we could be the recipients of a bag of donuts best exemplified by Andruw Jones' Walk Year PLUMMET of 2 years ago. As for Jenks, I just have a hard time giving up the quality the Pale Hose would obviously demand for D-Bow Part Deux.

The Brewers would be better suited signing one of the many available free agents then going after Jenks. The White Sox are not going to take less for Jenks just because there is a ton of closers on the market. If the Sox do not get the deal they are looking for, they will simply hold onto him. Jenks is just entering his first arbitration year, so Kenny Williams has plenty of time to get the deal he wants.

Archived