Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Sign Jorge Julio- 1 year/$950,000: New Closer?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jorge Julio has been the lead in to way too many jokes with my brothers and I over the past few years for me to get excited about this signing. Whenever one of our relievers would go through a tough stretch... we'd always justify it by saying... "Well, think about it this way... at least we don't have Jorge Julio" ...but if Melvin thinks he can Turnbow this guy into a useful reliever and got him for cheap, God Bless both of them. I will gladly apologize and eat crow if he can prove me wrong... Here's to hope!

I would like to add atleast one non-question mark to the bullpen though.
I agree, of course that was what Riske was supposed to be last year. That whole blow up certainly supports Melvin up-and-down reliever theory.

The only question I have is what will his official mocking nickname be when he goes through his first cold streak.
Jorge Horrible?

Jorgible Julio?

Mota Version 2.0 was my first reaction as well.

How do you manage to blow 7 saves in a season successfully save a single one. Clearly that's a pitcher who handles the pressure well and projects to having success in the postseason. He better not be our closer, or we're one step closer to the edge of falling out of the playoff race.

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/blahdocs/uploads/copy_of_db_beavis_cornholio1_7144.gif

Cornjulio

Archived