Brewer Fanatic

Good fast food...

RayKingsForemanGrill
I'm a big fan of Chicago-style Vienna hotdogs. Martino's on 13th & Layton is my favorite. With everything except the sport peppers.

I also like Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich just as they make it & Culver's regular butterburger. . .Lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup & mustard.

Them's eats.

That's good to know. I work right up the street on 13th PT in the evenings and I've looked at that place but it made me worried, so I've never tried it.

I still love the much maligned McDonalds hamburger. I'm not much for hamburgers that are oversized, dripping grease, sauce dripping out the sides. I like the taste of McDonald's burgers and they are easy to eat, which is important when you are driving.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Still love Hardee's roast beef sandwiches. The rest of the menu is expensive crap, but the roast beef is great.

Also, the Spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's is great.

I love a good Whopper, the key is to not put the lettuce and tomato on til after the burger is ordered.

But, living in Southern Wisconsin in the early 80's, Geri's Hamburgers had the best french fries. 10 pack of cheeseburgers and a 1/2 pound of fries? $7.99. The fries were so greasy that you could see thru the bag like it was cellophane.

Also, the Maidrite burger was amazing. Still would like to know the recipe for that. Anybody remember the Frostop franchise??

Also, the Maidrite burger was amazing. Still would like to know the recipe for that. Anybody remember the Frostop franchise??
I am a fan of the Maid-Rite, and I remember the Frost-top being in Janesville, back in the day.

Tip: Nifty 50's in Madison, in a strip mall on Odana Road (a few blocks east of West Towne) has what are essentially Maid-Rite sandwiches. The owners parted ways with the franchise a few years ago, but their secret spice combination is still the original maid-rite recipe - Maid-Rite has since changed its formula a bit.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Honestly, McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are probably my favorite fast food anywhere. Give me a 20 piece (or a 20 piece plus a 10 piece) and a boatload of sweet & sour sauce and I'm in heaven. On the dessert side, Arby's chocolate turnovers are to die for.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I am a fan of the Maid-Rite, and I remember the Frost-top being in Janesville, back in the day.

Tip: Nifty 50's in Madison, in a strip mall on Odana Road (a few blocks east of West Towne) has what are essentially Maid-Rite sandwiches. The owners parted ways with the franchise a few years ago, but their secret spice combination is still the original maid-rite recipe - Maid-Rite has since changed its formula a bit.

Hawing, I found the recipe online with a simple google search and was very happy with the results.

I almost forgot about Hardees. Since we have not had one in West Bend for some years I only eat there if I am out of town somewhere and see one. They do have real good burgers, roast beef and they have great curly fries. I would add them to my Wendy's and Taco Bell as my favorite fast foot places.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

A fellow West Bender... I agree about Hardees. It usually completely slips my mind when I'm thinking about getting fast food because it's not in town anymore.

As for my vices: the BK Stacker from Burger King, and a bean burrito with sour cream (maybe sounds gross, but it is delicious) from Taco Bell.

Every time we visit Wisconsin for the holidays, summer vacation, etc. I always ask my in-laws for Hardee's one meal. They're not Hardee's people, which is fine. But I love that stuff.

Sure, I get Carl's Jr. out here with some of the same menu items but it's just not the same thing.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I love me some Hardee's as well. Give the the Monster Thickburger any day! I'm not a huge fan of the roast beef there anymore. My older brother worked there during school, and he was able to bring home a square slab of the roast beef chunk food product and the thought has made me gag ever since.

The others:

Arby's Beef n' Cheddar

Culver's Bacon ButterBurger Deluxe

Taco Bell's Beef Supreme Chalupas

KFC Snackers

Second the Arby's Beef & Cheddar... with curly fries dipped into a mix of 6 parts Arby sauce and 1 part Horsey sauce. That's the birthday meal right there.

And being on the West Coast... In N Out 4x4, Animal style.

I didn't know Quizno's has $5 Roast Beef & Cheddar... damn, and I thought it was nice to have a Subway exactly halfway between the gym and home. $5, 5-minute dinner is awful convenient.

For me, I really like spicy food....

-Subway $5 subs. You can really load 'em up with veggies. I get lettuce, cukes, green peppers, onions and hot peppers on mine.

-Quizno's Ranchero prime rib with chipotle peppers. Unfortunately, it's not available right now.

-The only Wendy's I like is the seasonal jalapeno melt burgers.

-In the non-spicy category, I love Arby's chicken salad sandwich. It's got chicken, apples, grapes and nuts on wheat bread.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived