Brewer Fanatic

Good fast food...

RayKingsForemanGrill

I am currently liking the Steakhouse burger from BK. Good stuff. I'm also a big fan of a 6 pack and a pound every now and then. Pricey? Yes. Would I eat one multiple times a week if it wouldn't end up killing me sooner than later? Yep.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

The Burger King Mushroom and Swiss and the Black Angus Burger. I loved those two when they were around.

Culver's has a really good one. Probably more expensive, but I usuallly hit that up when I'm hungover.

I've always really liked the Jr Bacon Cheeseburger off the Wendy's dollar menu.

Every sub chain is now doing the 5 dollar footlong deal, which is a lot of food for that amount.

wendy's: chicken nuggets, jr bacon cheesburger, frosty, and plain baked potato

mcdonalds: cant think of anything special

burger king: fresh chicken fries and french fries are great after a night of drinking

taco bell: tacos, nachos and crunchwraps

arby's: regular roast beef drenched in arby's sauce. the old school homestyle fries were awesome too

little caesars $5 hot n ready pizzas are awesome, even though they give me heartburn everytime...

I love me some Whopper W/Cheese.

My other favorites are pretty much anything from Taco Bell, the Flamethrower from Dairy Queen, and the chicken bacon & swiss from Arby's (W/Arby's sauce). Culvers has gotten to expensive to be considered fast food for me. Sure it is "fast" but with what you pay there you might as well go to a decent sit-down place.

love all wendy's stuff, but i can never bring myself to buy a meal that's 6 bucks, when I can get the best burger in the world with fries from sobelmans for 8.

so i just stick to the value menu.

Taco Bell's mexican pizzas are to die for, as are the chulupas, but again, the price you pay for what you get, i'd rather find the taco truck on holton or hit up the south side.

Subway I can spend 5 bucks on a footlong all day and think it's a great deal. To buy all those veggies and prep em yerself would cost 5 easy for time and effort alone. also the southwest sauce should be sold by the bottle.

and checkers usually has great deals on 2 for 3 bucks, and with their fries yer all set....as i mentioned in the bad fast food thread, i'd shy away from the chicken.

Does anyone remember around 1995-96 hardee's had the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger? It was on a long type Hogie roll, two patties side by side, lots of cheese and bacon with mayo... Man it was good. My heart thanks me to this day.
I remember that burger very well. It was probably the best fast-food burger I ever had .I was discussing this burger with some people from work a couple of months back and couldn't remember the name but that's the one.

I think it was eventually turned into the Monster Burger (which was equally as good, but just in a traditional burger shape), and now the Monster Thickburger (which is OK, but my least favorite of all three since I'm not a huge fan of the Thickburgers).

Another top burger in my book was Hardees' Mushroom Swiss Burger. Near the end of this burger's existence I found out that for a nominal fee they would put two slices of cheese and extra mushroom sauce on. That was an awesome find...the burger would just slide out on the bun it would be so lubricated with greasy goodness. Again, I preferred the original Mushroom Swiss Burger over the new Thickburger version.

I'm a big fan of Chicago-style Vienna hotdogs. Martino's on 13th & Layton is my favorite. With everything except the sport peppers.

I also like Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich just as they make it & Culver's regular butterburger. . .Lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup & mustard.

Them's eats.

I forgot to mention my favorite at Taco Bell...the Grande Soft Taco. It was part of the value menu, and I think it was the only item that did not get moved over to the regular menu when the Why Pay More menu came out a few months back. It was a good amount of food for under $1.50. I was very disappointed when it was no longer available but I found out that while it is not on the menu, you can still order it.

Archived