Brewer Fanatic

Mariners Sign Russell Branyan (1 Year Deal)

ttsather
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every time I look at this thread, a little bit of me dies inside. O, Russell!
I feel you hawing, this thread is my guilty pleasure. I know it hurts to see Russell doing all this for another team, but just getting a Branyan fix makes me happy and puts a smile on my face.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

From the Yahoo update on my fantasy page:

1B Russell Branyan had strikeouts in his first three at-bats Thursday, stretching his current streak of strikeouts to seven, but he walked in his fourth at-bat, then hit his 20th homer in the ninth inning.
3TO 5-5

Man I miss him.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Every time I look at this thread, a little bit of me dies inside. O, Russell!
I feel you hawing, this thread is my guilty pleasure. I know it hurts to see Russell doing all this for another team, but just getting a Branyan fix makes me happy and puts a smile on my face.
Maybe it's more like every time I look at this thread, the same bit of me dies over and over. /dramatic sigh/
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Unfortunatly, Russell's not even on the Final Vote ballot...complete pile of crap if you ask me. Not only does Marquis make it over Yo/Trevor but Ben Zobrist makes it over guys like Ian Kinsler, Carlos Pena, Russ, etc.

Russell has a better BA and more homers. They are even in RBI's and SLG.

So? Zobrist is more versatile and plays better defense. When the offensive numbers are close, I'll take the better defender who's also more versatile.

Archived