Brewer Fanatic

Jason Isringhausen/Braden Looper

I have been somewhat interested in isringhausen. His numbers were not good last year, but in some respects, like his walk, and HR rates he pitched better than 2006, and he bounced back in 2007. If we can get him on an incentive based deal with little guarenteed money, it could work out.

Obtaining a pitcher with Isringhausen's potential for a bargain rate wouldn't be a bad idea. This has all the signs of a repeat Lidge effect. Also given the fact that he knows the Cardinal's hitters doesn't hurt. Same argument goes with the Card's hitters knowing Izzy... Without providing accurate stats, I would feel more comfortable having Izzy out there on the mound than Gagne.

With all that said...if we can get Looper for close to 5 million per, I'd be crossing one thing off my X-mas list.

Archived