Brewer Fanatic

Clubhouse sale

Bikeage77

I don't want to sound all jaded, but compared to the last couple of years, the sale was a bit of a letdown. Jerseys for 2007 has-beens starting at $200? Including the batboy jerseys? There were several names I would have considered at last year's prices (Mench, Koskie, Graffanino, and I did think of sgt when I saw the Grosses). But they're asking too much for what they were offering. For the sake of weekend shoppers, I hope they lower the prices on game-used items.

Maybe they could reasonably ask $200 for the jerseys worn during the actual wild card year, but that's not what was on the floor.

If you are a Brewer fan who has gone this far into 2008 without postseason merchandise, I think it's still a worthwhile trip (in case that helps you, jschris). There are a LOT of Wild Card/postseason t-shirts - the gray locker room style, the navy shirts with gold lettering, and the October Fest 2008 shirts. Those are all in the $10 range, I think, and some styles were available in women's and kid sizes. There are also Wild Card pennants, bumperstickers and key chains for $1 each, and Gameday programs from the NLDS games for $2 each. The playoff hoodies were gone by noon.

There are also a lot of big-head bobbleheads, should you be into that particular product line.

The cap selection was mostly weird - the previously mentioned black caps were the worst example. The most standard-looking caps tended to be adjustable, not fitted, and the fitted caps tended to either be odd designs or odd sizes. By noon, I did not see ASG or flag caps, but I could have simply overlooked them.

I did find a youth cap for my youngest nephew, though, which was my goal of the day; and my unique buy was the Russell Branyan locker nameplate ($60).

Honestly, it was almost a bigger thrill to be offered Gilles' Frozen Custard t-shirts when we went to lunch. We arrived during their "power hour" and were almost the only customers there.

I guess when you have a record year, or at least a big year, for merchandise sales, you're bound to have less left over the following off-season.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Does anybody have a list of the big head bobbleheads they have available?
They had Rickie and Corey for sure. I would guess also J.J. and Prince, though maybe others can verify that.

Edit: I forgot to mention in my other clubhouse sale post that spending $100 at the sale apparently gets you a voucher for the 2008 season DVD. At least, they had a pad of voucher forms at the checkout. All it takes is half a batboy jersey...

I got there at 6:35 tonight and got everything I wanted (well, that I reasonably expected to get at a clubhouse sale for super discounted prices). I got two wildcard t-shirts (one gray, one the gold Octoberfest Variety), a NLDS program, and a navy blue adjustable cap all for $27. No lines either. Got right in, and had to wait 2 minutes to check out right at 7.

Was extremely disappointed in the super high prices for game worn jerseys. Had heard from a friend he landed a few Evelands for like $60 and all them today, as mentioned by others, were $200. $200 for Chris Spurling, etc.? Are you serious? I was very letdown upon finding those prices. Planned to grab a Mike Jones game worn spring training jersey but that was even $200. That went straight back to the rack.

They must have restocked the programs. When I went, there were a buncha people walking around with green hoodies, non playoffs. They looked great, but I couldn't find em. I ended up getting an adjustable nike hat with the ball and glove logo, and 3 wild card pennants. that was it. Not too big of a fan of dated t-shirts. I almost got a Branyan player tee, but opted not to due to my already ridiculous number of t-shirts.

The people working there, mostly the early 20 kids were goofballs. Some guy was trying to pawn off Joe Dillon bats on me and others saying "ya know, there's a descent chance that Prince Fielder actually used this bat. Cuz when he was slumping he used Joe Dillon's bats" I like listening to hot shot know-it-alls like that, what a joker.

I'll check it out next year, but I definately have done much better at the Brewers On Deck rummage, where they had signed baseballs for 5 bucks and jerseys for 25 and bobbleheadds for a dollar.

I was pretty disappointed myself.

T-Shirts, hats and Bobbles where cheap. Otherwise things I thought would be there and cheap just weren't. I wanted a Jersey but as stated before $200 does not make sense. A Bat would have been cool. Even a non-game used bat. Again at $200 I wasn't going to bite.

I picked up a green hat that was non pro-fit sitting with a bunch of $5 hats that I really liked. When I got to the checkout the lady looked at it and it had a 23 under the brim. I guess it was a hat worn by Rickie Weeks in a spring training game. $200. I was shocked. Not signed or anything else besides a 23 under the brim.

The other thing that I didn't like to much is they kept on bringing in various merchandise. Not restocking from what I could tell. Just bringing it in.

Other Observations

J.J. Hardy signed stuff for comparitively cheap prices. Picture for $60 and ball for $20.

Brian Shouse jersey in with a bunch of former Brewers jerseys. From what I could tell it was the jersey of a player that is not signed with another team or out right released by the Brewers. Granted I did stroll in a little later about 10:00 but at $200 I just didn't forsee them jumping off the racks.

I don't know if I should look any further into it other than the Brewers just had a lot of overstock or they wanted to be generous with the Hardy signature considering he is a fan favorite. Anyway I found it a bit curious.

My impression was over stock on the JJ Stuff. I have a 60 dollar picture and the ball. They had a smaller one for 20, and they kept on bringing out balls yesterday and then bats. Dude pretty much said it was due to over stock.

I went back today since my brother wanted to stop by and we had to drive right past the stadium anyways. I saw that t-shirts were only $5 compared to the $10 I paid yesterday. I commented on it, and a worker heard me and said, "Yeah, we marked them down today." I then said, "Hmm, I wonder if they will be only $3 tomorrow." And the worker said they may only be a dollar, because they have absolutely a TON of them that they need to get rid of. There weren't too many hats left (priced at $5), but whatever is left will undoubtedly be a good deal tomorrow, especially the playoff t-shirts.

I wanted to see if during the last hour of today would have a dramatic impact on prices. It turned out there was no impact at all, no real price breaks I could see.

I asked around to see if any of the game used bats would be lowering in price with the last hour of the sale. I was told no. I was told that the Brewers themselves regulate or set the price of game gear or equipment and the Fan Zone store had no ability to alter pricing on game gear.

I was told that merchandise with the club's logo on it or fan souvenirs in general would remain at close out prices and be transported to the loge level store.

That's all I got folks. I couldn't stay any longer than that. I was called away.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'd be interested to know how many (if any) jerseys were actually moved at those asking prices.

I mean, I was prepared for an increase from the $75-and-up from last year, but more than doubling the price of the lowest-profile jerseys - and the selection was certainly low-profile names, for the most part - let's say it's hard to imagine anyone springing for jerseys at those prices. I know, I'm preaching to the choir.

It would be nice if they'd make some of the remaining t-shirts/merch available in their online store on brewers.com for those of us who couldn't make it down to the sale.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I didn't get as great a deal on the Winelsas jersey 2 years ago (it was $125), but I was honestly really mad that they didn't have any 2008 jerseys out. I was prepared to spend $200 on Tavarez. Overall, I thought the sale this year was very poorly run compared to the past. It was mostly young guys way too full of themselves working there.

Braminano[/b]]It was mostly young guys way too full of themselves working there.

Yeah, when I was there I heard complaining among the employees regarding breaks.

Employee 1: "Why does Bob get a break? I should be the one getting a break. I've been hear since 7:00"

Employee 2: *Sarcastic tone* "Of course Bob gets a break. What would you expect."

Employee 1: "Of course"

I understand not being happy at work, but not in front of customers.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The problem is that since they work for the Brewers, they have this sense of entitlement and superiority which is the last thing someone in their late teens/early 20s needs. I spent my first year out of college working for the Bucks and I am well aware of how people can get huge egos just from working in the sports industry.

Patrick425

Yeah, when I was there I heard complaining among the employees regarding breaks.

Employee 1: "Why does Bob get a break? I should be the one getting a break. I've been hear since 7:00"

Employee 2: *Sarcastic tone* "Of course Bob gets a break. What would you expect."

Employee 1: "Of course"

When you heard this you should have said "High Five me Brucrustu!" and I would have, as I must have been right next to you.

Lots of employee complaining and also lots of customers asking about different sizes for stuff. Example: Lady walking with 2xl JJ Hardy shirt asking several clerks "do you have this in a medium?" No they don't! and they only have the 2x's because us fat single 30 yr old dudes don't want to be wearing the same shirt as every 16-24 yr old girl in the whole stadium.

I would have been very sick of this if I was working.

Archived