Brewer Fanatic

Sabathia, Sheets, Shouse offered arbitration: Latest- All three decline

And That
After Hunts column last week, which basically ripped him apart, and w/ TH repeatedly saying that there is basically no chance that he comes back w/ the Brewers next year, when it sounds like that is not what Melvin is saying at all.
I think Melvin is open to Sheets returning.

I think Ben Sheets is done with Milwaukee. He wasn't always treated the best here in Milwaukee, and if he signs and gets hurt - he will be booed mercilessly again.

Ben would be better off pitching in a new location where the fan base stands behind him. (Plus, he would like an American League team closer to Texas)

I'm sorry, but Sheets earned the so-called "treatment" he got in Milwaukee. I don't recall that much booing (many fans supported him very well), but when you aren't there year after year when your team needs you most, fans anywhere are not going to be pleased.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not like he decided to go on vacation or something, the man had legitimate injuries. How is that earning the "treatment"? He tried to pitch through it last season, but his injury wouldn't allow it. Do you honestly think that w/out his contributions last season we would have been anywhere near the playoffs?

JBriggs is just the guy that's always going to argue that Sheets is a big wussy, yoshii... and that players 'deserve' getting booed when they're being booed. Nevermind your 100% accurate observation that the Brewers don't even sniff playoffs without Sheets. He got hurt! Booo!

I'm thrilled Shouse declined. Imagine getting a sandwich pick for 40 year old loogy who would have been behind Stetter in the pecking order anyway.

Well said. That's exactly the reaction I had upon reflection.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I can't blame him for wanting to leave a situation where some fans feel that a September win counts more in the standings than an April win.

My guess is that most fans think that a win in September is bigger than a win in April.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived