Brewer Fanatic

HD radio question / Anyone have HD Radio in Madison?

TracyThom

I have a general HD radio question. Do they sell kits that you can outfit to your existing radio ala satellite radio, or do you have to get a whole new stereo? Money is tight, but I am thinking about jumping into HD radio, mainly for my second question.

-Does anyone in Madison have HD radio? I recently heard that WIBA-FM has added an alternative radio station on HD. I cried a small tear when Mad Radio left us for the second time a few years back. Additionally, Star Country has added a classic country station on HD as well. I love classic country. Finally, Z-104 has a hip hop station on HD as well. We already have 93.1 Jamz on the FM dial, but I am getting sick of hearing the same song over and over and over. If anyone here has HD radio in Madison, how are the extra stations? Thanks.

Be cautious about how much you put into HD radio. From interviews and stuff I have read most program directors and owners don't think HD radio is going to take off. Reasons like, costs of upgrades and satellite radio make them think it will be more of a gimmick then anything.

Be cautious about how much you put into HD radio. From interviews and stuff I have read most program directors and owners don't think HD radio is going to take off. Reasons like, costs of upgrades and satellite radio make them think it will be more of a gimmick then anything.

I don't see how it can fail if more and more car makers start putting HD compatible radios in their vehicles. Plus satellite radio seems to be tanking pretty hard at this point (look at the price of their stock right now). HD radio could step in as the new alternative for people that want something beyond old & boring terrestrial radio.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived