Brewer Fanatic

Padres lost 99 games because of 1 game playoff loss.

DuWayne Steurer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Link (fixed)

I'm sure the stat guys will love this. According to some in the organization, things "spiraled out of control" because of the 1 game playoff loss to the Rockies in '07, and that was a contributing factor to this year's 99 loss team.

Dusty Baker and Joe Morgan would probably agree.

I would have to say that they were that bad. My ship caught fire in may and we had to stay in san diego for a good 3 months. I attended a whole bunch of padres games during that time and they were pretty bad. They couldnt score any runs and by august, half their triple A team was up already.

Wait, Hawing, that actually IS a TGJ reference. If TGJ doesn't get that hit off of Hoffman then the Padres don't play that playoff game. So really, it was the TGJ that sent them "spiraling."
I fully agree - TGJ's hit was the true start of the spiral. Thus, I was expecting the story to cite TGJ as the starting point, not the game 163 his hit helped force.

So does this make it harder or easier for the Brewers to ever trade little T to the Padres?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

All i make of the Padres situation is how vital it is to capitalize on chances to make the playoffs when the opportunity is there because except in the case of teams like the Red Sox and Yankees that print money, the next season things can very easily go wrong and you won't be near making the playoffs.

Archived