Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was it a sword? I thought it was one of those poker sticks from the fireplace. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, I said this a couple weeks ago, they are going for broke on this show and, even if it is unbelievable, it . . . is . . . AWESOME!!

The finale is going to be great! Tony Almeda is still alive and a rogue individual right now. Maybe he shows up? I wonder if Jack dies or just goes to prison? Or does he escape custody? Too many possibilities!

I'm going to miss this show when it's gone.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

No, they didn't show Jack take down the room full of Russians, you didn't miss it.

For a second I got excited about a return character last night when Chloe said there was one person they could use to find Jack, and I quickly tried to figure out who it could be, before quickly realizing Cole had disappeared into that cell.

The end ride has been pretty crazy. I thought it was funny how Jack was basically like a horror movie character last night, not only in his look, but in how people where acting about him.

Yea, last nights episode was classic JB kicking butt and taking names. Some of it is a little over the top (President Logan point and screaming like a little girl "thats Jack Bauer") but all in all the last few episodes have taken the intensity up a notch.

I cannot wait for the series finale. I just hope it tops the season finale of Dexter Season 4.

Either way as others have said I am going to miss this show. I still remember sitting down and watching the first few seasons in basically two weeks because I was so glued to them. It has had a great run.

I was a little disappointed that they never really tied off the Tony Almedo story line. He went off to prison at the end of last season and I figured he'd make an appearance this year so Jack could kill him. I thought they would have done something with Audrey Rains too. Oh well.

Outside of Aaron Pierce, I'm not sure what past characters are still living to bring back.

It depends on your definition of 'living' on 24. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

My pure guess (and I don't check spoiler sites) is that at least Kim comes back in the next few hours and I do think Tony will. I don't know if Tony will be bad or good...maybe Tony kills Jack? Jack kills Tony?

I was a little disappointed that they never really tied off the Tony Almedo story line. He went off to prison at the end of last season and I figured he'd make an appearance this year so Jack could kill him. I thought they would have done something with Audrey Rains too. Oh well.

They still could with Tony. Audrey is on some other tv show that my wife watches. I do agree though that would've been a good play. It seems though that her role was filled this year by Renee.

yeah, easily the over on that one. Has anybody seen any odds on what happens to Jack by the end of the episode? I'd be curious to see those.

Monday can't get here fast enough!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Community Moderator

Has anybody seen any odds on what happens to Jack by the end of the episode? I'd be curious to see those.

My prediction/guess for the finale: Everything seemingly gets wrapped up in a bow- Jack gets his revenge and all the bad guys get killed or caught as the case may be. Jack is already hurt from last week, and might get hurt additionally, and everything seems in place as Jack is in an ambulance as we near the end.......

.....when suddenly, the ambulance is ambushed and the season ends with Jack being dragged away by mysterious henchman that are revealed to be working for a surprise villain from somewhere in the show's past, very similarly to the ending of season 5.

This isn't a giant spoiler, but it is a spoiler all the same, concerning the final scene, so decide for yourself.

Spoiler [+]
I saw some final interviews with Keifer and Mary Lynn (Chloe) after they finished filming, and learned the following; The final scene appears to be of Jack and Chloe in that stairwell we saw in the preview. The final scene as discussed in both interviews though, is Jack and Chloe and according to Mary Lynn, it is an emotional finish and Chloe has the last line of the series, to which she says she felt honored and immediately started bawling afterwards.

thanks for posting the spoiler in a "drop-down" so those of us that don't want to see it, didn't.

Peavey, I could see that happening or something like it that could lead into the 24 Movie that is rumored.

- - - - - - - - -

Hard to believe that three stalwarts of network TV will all end within 24 hours of eachother (Lost, Law & Order, and 24....or if you prefer, Jack Shepard, Jack McCoy, and Jack Bauer). I can't help but notice that all 3 shows are well known for sudden and abrupt plot twists that change the direction of events, and inso doing have largely defined the modern, hourlong scripted drama genre.

Most series finales - when the writers know in advance that they'll be a true finale - feature callbacks to events, characters, or sequences from the history of the show. That's going to be tough for this show to accomplish, since nearly every character of importance is either involved in the current season, or dead. (Tony, Kim, & Agent Pierce being the exceptions, so far as I can recall). Moreover 24 is so much more about living in that real-time moment doesn't allow much for nostalgia.

I guess I'm more curious to hear what fans expect (or, want) out of a finale. Will either surviving President be granted the opportunity for redemption, and will they take it? Does the peace agreement survive?

Is Jack Bauer redeemable, given the increasingly gruesome nature of his torture and evisceration of anyone standing in his way. In making the jump to assaulting a former President, and taking out the Secret Service agents protecting him, Jack crossed from shades of gray anti-hero to full-fledged vigilante. Could Kim (or Jack's grand-daughter) talk him down at this point? Is there an ending to the show that doesn't involve Jack Bauer bleeding out?

I'm glad they didn't kill off Jack, and ended it with him being a good guy again. It also set up a nice lead-in to the movie. I can see him living in hiding somewhere when the Russians find him.

friggin' awesome! I loved every minute of it. Didn't need the tissues either as I began to realize that 24 would be continuing in movie form (likely).

Still, sad that it is over. For now.

Oh, and I loved the countdown clock to end the series rather than just counting to the top of the hour.

- - - - - - - - -

I was hoping the president would go down. She was the reason the Jack started doing what he was doing, and a hell of a lot of people died because of it, albeit all bad guys. I don't like the fact that they made her a good guy. Also, did I miss something? How was she able to so quickly contact the guys who were about the kill Jack?

I really liked the ending and as mentioned the way it left things open for a movie. I can see a movie where Jack is hunted down by the Russians only to call on former friends (possibly Tony, Andrew Dice Clay and Chloe) for help. Maybe its set inside Russia where Jack has been captured and those guys go to help him escape....who knows. I do know I will miss the show though. Truly sad that it is over. I know a lot of the themes were played out and it was probably time, but I will really miss Jack Bauer.

Technically the president still goes down, she's just choosing to turn herself over, instead of being taken out by leaks later. She still said she would be resigning and turning herself over to the attorney general.

I liked how they ended it. It did remind me of that season they faked Jack's death at the end. I always maintained they could have made a great end to the show right there, letting him live in secrecy. I believe I saw an interview after it was announced 24 wasn't coming back, where the producers basically said the same thing. They really tried to repeat that set up again, which was cool.

Examining the minutia, at the very end there, Jack seems recognize something as he exits that yard. (He clearly kinda stops and takes notice of something. That last look he gives to the drone seems like a "thank you).

If I'm right, I wonder who is waiting for him and how that will play into the movie.

Archived