Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But okay, fine, we'll accept that these terrorists can teleport a car into a parking garage, but not out, which means now they're trapped in there, and there is a highly tactical CTU force swarming the garage, who were only 3 blocks away when Teran entered the garage. And what's that, there are only 2 exits out of the parking garage and Jack has one covered? Perfect, this should be a cake walk. So here's what I'm thinking, how about we all go to one exit so the terrorists can exit out the other one? Sound like a plan? You bet it does!
Yea, not to mention the switch was made at the top of the parking garage. So she's not screaming out of there, that would draw attention. It takes a long time to get to the bottom of a parking garage going a normal speed.

At least the action has been there the last couple weeks. But I was really dissapointed Jack didn't call the Prez and get permission to use extreme interogation tactics with Dana. Instead we get the "immunity card" which gets played every season. Which has always bothered me. Are these terrorists all international and constiitutional law attorneys on the side? Why can't the immunity letter be worded in a way that leaves loopholes?

• 4 weeks later...

Weren't you kinda hoping he would, though? After she shot their poor high school buddy who was helping them with their mortgage (not to mention treason, murder, Renee Walker's death, etc.), I didn't shed a tear, and I don't think it compromises Jack's character at all.

"Do you know who I am? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

Community Moderator
my wife and I both laughed when they went to the standard ticking clock at the end of the episode, instead of the "death" countdown. I was kind of rooting for Jack to pull the trigger anyways so it didn't surprise me. (does that make me a bad person?)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Weren't you kinda hoping he would, though? After she shot their poor high school buddy who was helping them with their mortgage (not to mention treason, murder, Renee Walker's death, etc.), I didn't shed a tear, and I don't think it compromises Jack's character at all.

"Do you know who I am? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

She also killed the private investigator, and seveal CTI security guys when she escaped CTU. So yea, I have no problem with Jack taking her out. Plus, given the situation, he didn't have the option of bringing her in. (Not to mention the fact that the Dana character annoyed me all season!)

I hope Jack brings down President Taylor. I was never much of a fan of her and she's being a real you know what trying to pass this peace deal.

I actually was very disappointed when they took her down this path. She has been the strongest president since Palmer I and the most likeable, and then this ridiculous twist with Logan. It's almost hard to suspend disbelief because it goes so strongly against everything she's ever done on the show (including sending her own daughter up the river)...

Community Moderator
She also killed the private investigator, and seveal CTI security guys when she escaped CTU.

I forgot about Jimmy James! I can't believe she just stuffed him in the wall and nobody has noticed yet.

That should be on some outtakes on the DVD: CTU employees finding the body a few weeks later after wondering what that God-awful stink coming from the interrogation rooms had been.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm liking where the season has progressed, and I'm curious how much the sudden shifts had to do with being cancelled. I like that characters are having to make new and hard decisions finally, instead of re-treading the same thing over again. Though I'm not sure right now about the remaining episodes. I'm sure they'll be fun, but is starting to look like Jack is going to go the vigilante-get revenge route, which while that makes for a cool Jack, I don't think the audience was really that attached to Renee, and beyond that, nothing of major consequence happened during the season with the Russians for the audience to want revenge on them, to really get the audience behind that. Monday's ending scene was a perfect example; Keifer played that scene great, you could feel that Jack was hurt and done, but ultimately, I'm not there with him because I didn't care about Renee and her crazy issues. Shooting Dana was only satisfying because her character was annoying, not because we wanted retribution for the things she had done.

I don't know about anybody else, but I loved tonight's episode. It had action, suspense, intrigue, and a priceless look on Jack's face when he found out about Logan.

It's going to be a wild final 3 hours!

- - - - - - - - -

pitchleague[/b]]I don't know about anybody else, but I loved tonight's episode. It had action, suspense, intrigue, and a priceless look on Jack's face when he found out about Logan.

It's going to be a wild final 3 hours!

I thought last night's episode not only jumped a shark, but also jumped a whale. Jack cut's open the guy, reaches in and pulls out a 0.5" square sim card. Uh...yeah.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

In the good ole days of 24, when he dialed that number and got the voicemail, it would have been someone that surprised all of us, like friggin Cole or someone. Jack was surprised, obviously, but all of us already knew it was Logan. I really wish the writers could have gotten warning a full season ahead of time that it would be the last year. I think they would have made it a lot better.

that's the thing. Knowing that this is the final season, I'm just going to enjoy these final episodes rather than scrutinize them and look for stuff that jumps the shark.

Did it jump? Of course it did. And I don't really care. It's fun television and that's what television is supposed to be--fun and entertaining. It entertained me and that's all that matters.

Jack was the only one that didn't know about Logan's involvement so the look on his face was priceless to me. I don't watch the previews (ever) as I like being surprised with what's going to happen. But I like that they are taking chances about doing some crazy stuff, knowing that this is all they have left.

- - - - - - - - -

I have a feeling he is going to kill a ton of people these last couple

of episodes. Its going to be like the end of Comando awesome.

Not only did he kill a ton of people, but it was a blood bath. I understand that he needed to gut that one dude to get the sim card, but what he did to those other Russians was something else. I wonder why he left one alive. This is Jack Bauer at his absolute best (or worse, I suppose). It'll be interesting to see what happens when Cole inevitably catches up with him next week. I personally think Jack's going to die. He's gone way too far this season to be able to walk away.

Community Moderator
They've certainly thrown caution (and in some cases, logic) out of the window as they head towards the finale. And I love it. It might be waaay over the top, but exactly how the Jack Bauer character should go out and be remembered. Definitely looking forward to next week.

Archived