Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55

Yea, I try real hard not to pay attention to plot holes. Talk about the most glaring though, you mean to tell me CTI doesn't have redundant systems off-site? I know tiny companies with little need for much security that have redundant systems at another physical location.

But that aside, at least it has really picked up the last coule weeks and I look forward to it each week now. For most of the year it was something I had to almost force myself to sit through.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my "favorite" part of last night was the gun fight at the river. They went to commercial with them barricaded by the SUV at around 4:10 am or so. Then they did 20 minutes of stuff at CTU. Then they returned to the river area with them still barracaded in before Jack had the idea to use the armor plates.

I know the truck was "loaded" with gear and guns but for 20 minutes that's all they did was shoot bullets? Don't you think they'd have run out or come close to it by then?

I know, you're supposed to take the "real-time" presentation like a grain of salt but that still bugged me and I thought they could have done it better.

Oh, not to mention that Renee easily picked guys off with her handgun from 100 yards away without batting an eyelash while guys with SMG's couldn't do it for the last 20 minutes.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Ya, the turn for Dana Walsh, while surprising to me, was no less annoying, it just makes her story line even more ridiculous. As thebruce44 pointed out, it makes this whole thing make no sense story-wise. Nevermind that she seemed very afraid to kill her ex-boyfriend in the middle of nowhere, but had no problem strangling a probation officer (whose own insistence on forcing Dana to deal with a probation issue over a nuclear threat makes no sense either) to death in the middle of CTU.

I liked how this season started, but it has gotten old fast. I was able to overlook dumb stuff for awhile, but now it's just starting to feel like a waste of time.

pitchleague's post made me remember what was probably the worst abuse of the "real-time" format I can remember.

I think it was Season 5, when Chloe's husband gets kidnapped, tortured (by driving an electric drill into his shoulder mind you), fixes a trigger for a nuclear device, gets rescued, and is back to work within an hour's time.

One thing that is much different this season from the past is the Tactical Teams. In the past those guys were awesome. They'd come in a save Jack and kick butt the entire way (except in season 6 when they couldn't get to the nuke in time and all got blown up). This season it's like a bunch of young, inexperienced kids who don't know what they are doing.

This season it's like a bunch of young, inexperienced kids who don't know what they are doing.

That may be playing on the 're-activating CTU' thing, but I agree that it's been very noticeable as well.

The Dana turn makes the idea that a convicted felon could get a job in one of the top law enforcement agencies with out them knowing all that more ridiculous.

last week's episode was pretty good, and got my hopes up for the rest of this season. but monday's episode was completely ridiculous.

dana being the mole is stupid. and it didn't even take me by suprise because why else would dana have disagreed with chloe about being able to directly tap in in order to restore communications? talk about a red flag.

the shoot out was terrible. i can't even list how many flaws there were with the whole thing.

and it took renee about 10 minutes to find jack, and nobody else seems to notice a steady stream of gun shots for a good 15+ minutes?

i used to like chloe's character. not anymore. the pulling a gun thing was a new low point for this season, followed by hastings letting her work for another 10 minutes.

GRR!!!

last week's episode was pretty good, and got my hopes up for the rest of this season. but monday's episode was completely ridiculous.

dana being the mole is stupid. and it didn't even take me by suprise because why else would dana have disagreed with chloe about being able to directly tap in in order to restore communications? talk about a red flag.

While I agree the episode as a hole was a real low point, Dana disagreeing with Chloe actually made some sense to me. I figured she didn't want Chloe to be able to access the video of the crime the probation officer was looking for. I think the writters were trying to throw people in that direction. Either way, as I said before, her being a mole makes zero sense. Just so lazy and pathetic from the writers.

i figured the video of the crime was either gone, or it could be recovered no matter how they got the systems back up. it confirmed my suspicision of dana's answer when chloe said something to the effect of yeah you never liked me/agree with me anyways...

so obvious that this was NOT the reason

the shoot out was terrible. i can't even list how many flaws there were with the whole thing.

and it took renee about 10 minutes to find jack, and nobody else seems to notice a steady stream of gun shots for a good 15+ minutes?

That's the power of following your heart! :D

I forgot about that one at first, but yes that really jumped out at the time too.

How far through the season are we now? It has to be about half-way? I might just stick around to see where they go at the half-point turn and decide if I'll finish the season then.

A prequel bringing back all of the original characters to detail the infamous/mysterious Drazen operation in Kosovo would be great. Too bad they're apparently not headed that route.

I agree that would be great, but I just don't know if it would be appropriate for a movie audience. It might make for an interesting 'mini' 24 season on television. I still really like 24 and I'll admit it has ran its course. I do think however the biggest 'complaint' I've heard from people that don't like/haven't watched 24 is that they feel if they miss one show they've missed a lot. Now it is so far along in its life I doubt a lot of 'new' 24 fans jump on board.

A movie makes a lot of sense (hopefully) for both 24 fans and non-24 fans if it is written the right way. To me, that means it can only carry so many aspects of the television show.

I wouldn't either, but the article I read Friday said the movie will not be a prequel.

Ahh, was not aware. I wonder what kind of wrench this cancellation throws in to the making of the movie.

I agree with all of the above sentiments regarding the show's lifespan. No new plot twists, can't shock people with the same tricks anymore, and the best part of the show in its heyday was the shock value for lack of a better term.

The way this season has gone, I am now to the point where I am trying to block out any glaring holes, inconsistencies, etc and just enjoy the show knowing that it won't last forever. So, for last night I was able to ignore the highly unlikely success of Jack and Renee taking out an "elite" team of American commandos by themselves, and focus on the fact that it was a pretty cool scene, the Jack Bauer legend at its finest.

Yeah that was actually a pretty cool scene. Don't forget though I think one of the Secret Service Agents took out one of the military guys. Doesn't make it much more realistic, but at least they had Jack use a smoke bomb instead of just having them take out the military team one by one. I don't like the heart attack angle though.

24 last night was a mix. There was about a 10 minute stretch there that made me want to smash my head into the tv. Arlo suspects Dana is up to something, calls her on her lie and proves she is lying, and then is just like, "Well, guess I should go back to work so you can keep up with your treason. Later." They should have just let her kill him because it at least makes more sense.

This is quickly followed up by the terrorists making a contingency plan and getting it into place in about two minutes. How in the world did they get someone into that garage that quick to make the transfer?

But okay, fine, we'll accept that these terrorists can teleport a car into a parking garage, but not out, which means now they're trapped in there, and there is a highly tactical CTU force swarming the garage, who were only 3 blocks away when Teran entered the garage. And what's that, there are only 2 exits out of the parking garage and Jack has one covered? Perfect, this should be a cake walk. So here's what I'm thinking, how about we all go to one exit so the terrorists can exit out the other one? Sound like a plan? You bet it does!

Uh. Just sloppy writing.

Anyway, all of that is pretty much stopped now with last night's events, so we'll see where it goes. Supposedly they've reworked the last several episodes and are going to take risks that they say will make some people mad, but it will be darker and high stakes, so it should at least be interesting.

Archived