Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55
Dang it RayKing, you had me believing that my favorite 24 personality might still be a good guy.....but after last nights episode all of those hopes and dreams were dashed. I even tried to convince my wife before we started watching and I lost a $10 bet to her. Now of course it isn't over yet, but it sure isn't looking to good for ole Tony A to be on the right side of the fence on this one! What did everyone else think of last nights show?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPOILERS

I was still holding out hope until he let Jack sit there, writhing on the ground in desperate need of the shot...

And even then, I still thought there was maybe a glimmer, some way... until in the preview for next week you saw Tony kiss the woman who gave Hodges the magic heart attack pill.

Ah well, Tony went to the dark side.

And, I must admit - I have been a fan of Will Patton for years and have always thought he was underused in Hollywood - glad to see him jumping on for what I imagine will be the rest of the season...

I thought it was a leap to believe everyone was so concerned with crime scene investigation, instead of just taking it on face that Tony was shot in an ambush, and Larry was killed. Whenever anyone gets shot on this show, they just move on since so many things are happening that require immediate response. But not this time...hmmm something doesn't add up.... Wait a minute, there are two different shell casings... I love the show, but find the need to point out flaws in every episode ; )

I don't mind all the little things, and I was really enjoying this season until these last two episodes. But, if Tony is really bad why would he help the FBI get as far as they did? Why would he let Jack know after the President was saved that their was more going on? To me it seems like there are two separate stories this season that have been weakly connected with Tony switching sides.

Why would Tony blow up 95% of the cannisters just to keep one very small cannister. I had a feeling all along that Tony would be bad. But it still doesn't add up. Still hoping he is still somehow good. There is still a lot of loose ends to tie up so these last few episodes should be solid.

It's actually pretty clear...

A: the fake lawyer chick told Hodges "you were never supposed to use the bioweapon for personal purposes - like strapping it to missiles).

B: To that end, Tony blew up the missiles (because that's not what the bioweapon was for).

C: Tony and fake lawyer lady kiss in the preview, so they are connected, as are their ambitions... edit for clarity: Tony was only working to prevent Starkwood from using it how they wanted to (which included the diversion of the attack on the White House), vs. how the voodoo, unknown element wants to use it.

• 4 weeks later...

...so, that's over.

This season marks the first time that I was able to stay with the series through every episode (tip of the hat to TiVo for making that happen).

Safe to suggest that Jack isn't going to die before next season?

...so, that's over.

This season marks the first time that I was able to stay with the series through every episode (tip of the hat to TiVo for making that happen).

Jack isn't going to die, unless the actor that plays gets in enough trouble to be able to film.

He has one more year on his contract. He'll be back. Once Jack dies the show dies. I think next season will be the last and they'll maybe make some movies.

I did think the season started really well, but the last few episodes weren't that great. Especially the ending of the last episode. It really wasn't 'edge of your seat' or anything like that.

No it wasn't edge of your seat but it definitely is edge of next season.

Jack is on his death bed, Kim comes to a last minute rescue, Tony is dragged away kicking and screaming that Jack is a wuss after revealing that he turned bad to avenge his dead wife and unborn son, Wilson is in custody and Renee is ready to go "Jack" on him, Olivia is in custudy for her role in the killing of Hodges, and the President's personal life is falling apart because her son is dead, her daughter is arrested and her husband is really PO'd because she chose to do her job instead of his bidding.

What more could you want?

BTW how did those two goons watching Kim get a 7 inch knife and a gun past security? I think TSA really needs to investigate their procedures at Reagan Airport.

Jack is on his death bed, Kim comes to a last minute rescue, Tony is dragged away kicking and screaming that Jack is a wuss after revealing that he turned bad to avenge his dead wife and unborn son, Wilson is in custody and Renee is ready to go "Jack" on him, Olivia is in custudy for her role in the killing of Hodges, and the President's personal life is falling apart because her son is dead, her daughter is arrested and her husband is really PO'd because she chose to do her job instead of his bidding.

What more could you want?

Well we have to wait until January for that. That's the problem. Next season looks like it could be good, but this season ended pretty poorly IMO. Jack isn't going to die. It's been obvious (at least to me) that it won't happen and it's not going to happen. I would've like to see more 'action' the past few weeks instead of setting something up 8 months from now. I really like 24, but season 5 was my favorite season and it seems like season 6 was the worst. This past season wasn't 'bad', but it seems the past few weeks have been more filler than anything else.

Don't forget that I'm pretty sure the president is porking Ethan Kanan.

It was such a strong season and it kinda fizzled out towards the end. You wonder how much of that had to do with the very extended hiatus it took because of the writer's strike? Who knows...

Overall, not bad. Tony flipping on a dime again at the end was something I suspected. But Jack was right, he went too far with the attack on the subway.

Ah well, we're hooked until next year.

As soon as Tony asked to get a meet with Wilson I knew what was going to happen, I'm sure I wasn't alone. In contrast with JJ, I thought the first several episodes were really terrible, but it got better before tailing off at the end again.

• 7 months later...

I enjoyed tonight's first 2 hours. A great start to the season.

A bit predictable, but after 7 seasons of watching, you kind of know what to expect. Commercials for upcoming episodes don't help, of course. But it was still entertaining, for me at least.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Not to spoil anything for those that haven't seen last nights yet, but I think Jack had one of my favorite kills in 24 history. Really enjoyed the start to the season and the CTU reboot. Should be a fun ride. For those Lost fans you may recognize the main bad guy as well.

It was interesting that they started with the "Events happen in real time" statement again. Wonder how long that will stick around before they drop it again.

IIRC they say it at the first episode of every season and then drop it.

I thought it was ok. It always takes a few episodes to set up the characters and the plots. I'm sure the last few will be really good seeing how they can actually kill Jack if they want to, which they never could before.

Looks like another season in which Renee will be the compelling reason for me to keep watching.

(Certainly not the BSG girl with the double-life....that CTU missed in yet another poorly-run background check. That side-story can end soon.)

yeah, so far I don't like her acting at all. She moves like a robot with a stick up her back to keep it from hunching over. Her facial expressions are bad and her line delivering is terrible.

Not to mention that character is a huge pushover that can't say "no" to her old boyfriend or whatever he is. If he was so bad, why on earth would she agree to let him stay at his place? What's he got on her? I know it's something that they haven't revealed yet but he has threatened to tell her co-workers. Her story line just has no purpose right now. Hopefully, they either end it or show us why this guy is tailing her and have it relevant to the story and not just to kill time in between Jack's drives all over the city.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

yeah, so far I don't like her acting at all. She moves like a robot with a stick up her back to keep it from hunching over. Her facial expressions are bad and her line delivering is terrible.
If I didn't know who you were talking about, I'd would have guessed Chloe, because this description matches her to a tee. I liked her on "The Larry Sander's Show", but she is really painful to watch on 24. Horrible acting.

For those Lost fans you may recognize the main bad guy as well.
Not a fan of lost, but I recognized him from "The Green Mile"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• 1 month later...

Surprised that we've gone over a month without posting to the 24 thread, while the show has been on.

Moving into the 'demonstrating our power' terrorist act on American soil portion of the season, which means there's still the matter of the annual government mole (my $ is on the Presidential advisor who tried to set up Renee Walker as a scapegoat last ep.) & identification of the real bad guy for this season. Well, that, and an Agent Pierce sighting.

Not all that impressed with this season, but will still tune in after the much-needed return of 'Chuck' to my Monday evening TV lineup.

Archived