Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to stop and think out loud: Why is Jack being thought of so harshly? He is a national hero (on that series at least) and it seems like everyone is in a hurry to lock him up.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Is it maybe some kind of commentary on how the FBI and other law enforcement agencies work to prevent a threat? In the world the show created, CTU would track down every single lead and was driven by preventing an attack or incident. In this case the FBI devotes zero resources to a possible lead and only cares about finding Jack. Even if it isn't the show's intent to highlight that discrepancy, it is still an interesting comparison.

Just to stop and think out loud: Why is Jack being thought of so harshly? He is a national hero (on that series at least) and it seems like everyone is in a hurry to lock him up.
That has actually become annoying. The whole "everyone is out to get Jack" theme has been overplayed. You can only "go rogue" so many times before it gets predictable and unbelievable. But I understand it has evolved over the years into being part of the 24 formula.

• 2 weeks later...

This is only the 2nd season I have watched the show. It's become a Monday night tradition with my wife and son. I enjoy watching it with them.

However, I will always have a hard time taking the leaps of faith needed to watch this show. A helicopter arrives and quickly whisks away the chemical weapon and transports it back to the company and no one notices or sees this? No one can track down helicopter carrying a huge payload underneath it flying through the sky? Also, the government has very good reason to believe a corporation is in possession of wmds and plans on using them and they respond to this with 3 helicopters?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Hey Patrick - you missed season 3 when my favorite leap of faith happened.

Tony Almeida was shot in the neck, underwent surgery with general anesthesia, and walked back into CTU 3 hours later.

And now a theory for the end of the season:

In the last hour they will find the Bioweapon, destroy it, Hodges will probably be exposed to the weapon first, and then Jack will find out that there is a cure to the bio-agent but it will take up to 24 hours to create / find it. TaDa! Next season. (and then everybody can be awake for 48 consecutive hours.)

Also, the government has very good reason to believe a corporation is in possession of wmds and plans on using them and they respond to this with 3 helicopters?

Yea, I try to look past most of this stuff and just enjoy the show. But I was really confused by the FBI's approach to this threat. Seems to me you woul either use overwhelming force or something very stealth. They did neither by flying 3 helicopters directly next to the building, but then acting like they were making a surprise invasion. Real world, just carpet bomb the complex. The intense heat and fire would burn up the nerve agent don't you think?

Last night was the first time I have ever watched an episode, and for the sake of realism the one thing they cannot do is carpet bomb. The weapon is prion based which means that the bomb will not destroy it. This sounds like science fiction but prions are quite real and nearly impossible to destroy. Normally you autoclave biological materials ( 2 hours at high pressure and about 150 Celsius. That does not destroy prions. I don't know what the current protocols are, but they are baking their materials for hours at over 200 celsius last I knew. A bomb would just spread the agent all over the place, so as a plot device that is quite clever.

They made mentioned of using a Navy SEAL team as well but they never showed. It would be cool to see the SEALS take out the guys with the vehicles threatening the FBI. Overall I liked it. I knew the weapons wouldn't be in that facility, but I didn't think it was whats his face who was setting up the FBI. I thought whats his face was being set up by Jon Voight.

I figured that it was the SEALS that rappelled down the ropes from the helicopter, whereas the FBI guys got out from the helicopters that actually touched down and landed. Made sense to me, at least.

I love this show. I really liked that Jack had little to do with the end of the episode, for once. I thought for sure that Agent Walker and Bauer would have snuck out as soon as Larry got on the elevator.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Ya, there were 2 helicopters that looked like military helicopters, I assumed those were the SEALS, and the other one was FBI.

I initially suspected Jack would sneak out and try to get there, but then I realized staying their indicated that a problem would arise and Jack could follow to try to fix the problem. I just didn't expect it to play out the way it did.

What threw me off with this episode was when the helicopters landed, they bothered to ask permission from the tower. Then after they landed, the mercenaries seemed surprised to see them...didn't the whole neighborhood just hear helicopters arriving?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that kind of stinks as I was really hoping Tony was on the good side of things.....and with this show he may still be in somekind of weird twisted way. I will give them credit this is by far the best season since season 3 in my opinion. I really don't know where any of this is going, but am anxious to find out. I am pretty confident Jack will live, but will it be with that treatment from Kim...or is she gone now. Who is Tony working for? Is Chloe out of the picture or will she play a part? Who is lawyer girl that they showed in the previews talking to Jon Voight? Lots of questions.

SPOILER:

I'm still not convinced Tony is bad... "Kill one to save many" has been a constant theme on this show over the years... he may be carrying out an endgame that hasn't been made clear to us yet. The operative who stole the canister, as he was driving away, he had fear in his eyes (not something you usually see from the bad guy - 24s baddies usually have determination), Tony had some serious remorse on his face while killing Moss.

Anxious to see what the bigger picture is. This is hands down the best season in a long time.

It is possible Larry was a "bad guy." Odd he wouldn't share that with Jack, but a TV show can explain away anything. The other intriguing twist is Jon Voight's character comment "This is much bigger than you can imagine" or words to that effect. So I have a feeling someone else is involved that will surprise us. Either from current or past seasons. Could Kim Bauer be the mastermind?? lol

Archived