Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I re-watched season 2 last summer and, yes, Palmer was "voted" out of office temporarily and Jack did reluctantly give the VP the title of "Mr. President" for an episode or two.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Back to the business of talking about this season.

We now know for certain who is the mole. He seemed too obvious but it is indeed is Sean. Chloe and Larry need to go off on Janis and tell her to butt out. She may have screwed up the operation.

Nice to see Morris and Aaron return and I really loved the way that the President's daughter went from a hard-nosed "witch" to a sniveling wuss in the flash of an eye.

Based on the previews, it looks like Marika is going to die as, that being the reason that Renee goes off on Jack.

And Dubaku keeps getting away.

To the previous poster that doesn't like Chloe: you really need to see some of the previous seasons where she was in the field with an automatic weapon and when she watched Edgar die on the other side of the sealed room.

BTW - I read a TV Guide article that explains that Garafolo and Rajskub (Janis and Chloe) are good friends and with both being comediennes, really had a hard time keeping a straight face during shooting of the scenes.

I'm waiting for them to stay in Washington DC for next season, but have it be winter. I think it'd be awesome if Jack had to do some car chase or drive across town in white-out conditions. Heck, just some slush would be cool.

I haven't watched any of those goofy (read: dumb) movies that spoof all sorts of things (e.g. "Not Another Teen Movie," "Scary Movie," etc.) so I don't know if they've already done it, but I think it'd be hilarious for them to spoof "24." Jack in a snowstorm can't get out of the parking lot without doing some doughnuts first, while Chloe is saving Jack's hide, they pan across CTU and spot people playing Solitaire on their computers, etc.

TC, I agree, though. There are always too many moles. Is it really like that--moles all over the place? If cops and FBI agents shoot for hours a week at the range, how come they can't hit the broad side of a barn when it really counts on these shows, anyways?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I thought it was the worst episode of the year. I found myself rolling my eyes a lot. Again, I'll submit, if the entire program is based on the premise that things happen in real time..then they really take a lot of liberties with that. Sean shoots himself in the arm. Jack breaks in. A few minutes later, they cut to a commercial. Comes out of commercial and Sean is putting a shirt on about after having his arm bandaged up from taking a gun shot wound! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif Also, I think it took less than 10 minutes for the computer chip in Dubaku's body (by the way..come on) to go from Jack to the Helicopter pilot to Clohe's hands.

I'd enjoy the show more if they didn't call it 24, and instead called it Bauer, or something like that, and stopped with the whole attempt at the real time thing.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The longer they go without explaining why / how CTU underground were operating, the more likely I think that it is Tony is playing both sides, and (possibly) setting Bill up for a fall. It can't be a complete coincidence that Buchannan pushed the President to go directly back to the place that we find out is apparently about to be attacked.

I thought it odd that people freaked out when the government servers were being formatted....didn't make sense that the data card (whatever format it was) would be reformatted at the same time. (Not as bad as telling us that a computer's hard drive was fried while the desktop was up - I think that was last week - but still struck me as odd.)

didn't make sense that the data card (whatever format it was) would be reformatted at the same time.

Chloe said that it had a self-erase mechanism that caused it to be erased after one download of the data- hence, they downloaded the data to the mainframe, and the mainframe was being reformatted.

bjk, I think the problem was that they said the card had some sort of auto-erase mechanism, so they only had one chance to download the data. Thus if it was formatted, everything was lost.

cubfan, I was thinking the same thing about Dubaku.

I suppose it's hard to do anything well for 7 years, but honestly, we've seen all this before, and it's getting to the point of self-parody.

Leave it to Chloe to have everything wired to a server off the premises, though. She a smart gal, she is! I loved how she ragged on the head FBI dude for totally botching the network setup a few weeks ago.

I, too, thought for sure Dubaku would at least be struggling to get away. They also used the data key inside the body trick in season two.

Plus, this was 5:00-6:00 pm. Where was the rush hour traffic? Sure there was "some" traffic but not like end-of-workday traffic should be.

It actually doesn't bug me, since I view it as entertainment and try to forget the whole "real time" stuff. Heck, Keifer Sutherland's voice-over of "All events occur in real-time" lasted all of two episodes, I believe. It's been that way every season.

Interesting take on Bill taking the President back to the White House because he may be "in on it" or might be "double-crossed" or whatever. Hadn't thought of that. Since the Senator's aide got the text at the end that "operatives were in place" I really wonder what's going to happen. Please note that I don't watch the upcoming week previews at the end of the show because I'd like to be surprised, but this is pretty intriguing. I still don't want to know ahead of time, though, but I don't want to groan, "ohhhh," because it's so lame, either.

Overall, I would give the first opus of the seventh season of 24 a solid B+. Opus two will be a bit longer than the first, like any good symphony anyways.

- - - - - - - - -

At the beginning of last night's 1st hour I looked at Dubaku laying in bed and I said to mrs1126, "They're gonna get him." She said, "What do you mean?" Then came the phony phone call and the IV injection. She looked at me and said, "This show is becoming way too predictable."

At the end of the second hour after the doors were opened and Jack and the Pres came out, Sen Mayer said to Jack, "What have you done Bauer?"

MISSING LINE:

"I was following orders, just like you wanted me to you pompous, arrogant, (expletive deleted)."

The didn't even make an attempt at the real time concept anymore. In the first episode they broke it in about 20 minutes. I try to let it go, but it bothers me, because in my opinion, its what makes the show so outlandish these days. When they were setting up that Garofalo was the traitor, I was really annoyed, because it meant she spied on Chloe, issued a fake warrant, and got a swarm of police to make a cooridinated arrest in like 4 minutes. The fact that it turned out to be Sean opened that window to like 12 minutes. Way more plausible.

Last night's episode was a mix. I enjoyed it actually, but it was an episode of inconsistencies in both the story and the characters. They ramped the torture aspect from really zero all season to "out of control Bauer" out of nowwhere, and then Bauer disregarded a direct order from the President to stop torturing, which I found highly out of character for Jack to disregard the President.

Then the President, who so far has been all hard nosed, we don't negotiate with terrorists, and even being astute enough to stick to that when her husband was kidnapped. Yet in this episode, she orders Bauer to release her into a terrorists custody to save her daughter, and of course, now Bauer follows the President's orders, even if he doesn't agree again.

WOW! Just WOW! Great episode tonight! Lots of thrills, excitement, and a few surprises. As well as a few more, "hmmmm..." moments, too.

And another silent clock. (I won't spoil it for those that didn't see it yet.)

- - - - - - - - -

Yes, that was the first time I picked up on a silent countdown. I almost cried.

Another unspoken line:

Jack: "Larry, if you thought I was killing him why didn't you come in and stop me."

Larry: "Because the video showed you just interrogating without touching him."

Jack: "When exactly did I have time to set that up with you watching me the whole time, you moron?"

I'm gonna love next week's confrontation with Senator Mayer.

Archived