Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am super excited about this as well. As much as I liked it I think it needed to end when it did. You can only have so many CTU moles or have Jack go behind CTU's back so many times. Now that it's had some time off hopefully they can come up with some fresh new ideas. The new format will be interesting too.

Community Moderator

Surprising and exciting. The new format might help them move through the plot better than in some previous seasons (no 'Terri amnesia' type plot lines to fill in time).

This went from rumor to done deal in just a few days.

Surprising and exciting. The new format might help them move through the plot better than in some previous seasons (no 'Terri amnesia' type plot lines to fill in time).

This went from rumor to done deal in just a few days.

What "new format"?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yeah, I didn't see anything in the articles about a new format...

Do you mean because it is only 12 shows instead of 24?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I am pretty sure that is what is meant.

12 eps instead of 24. Still no word, though, if those 12 episodes will span 24 hours, although I'd assume that they will.

I wonder if Chloe will be back from the beginning or if they'll bring her back "mid-season" or something.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm watching all of the episodes for the second time. I'm currently on season 2 and the Kim storyline (nanny and abusive husband) might be the least compelling thing I've ever watched.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Yeah it seems like each season had a real slow, annoying storyline that we could do without. I think it was season 3 that had the Wayne/Julia/Sherry storyline. Season 4 had the Erin and her daughter storyline. Season 8 had Dana and her ex-husband. I'm sure I'm missing some but maybe they'll be less of that with only 12 episodes.

It will be interesting if they keep the season in a 24 setting again (I hope so) and just speed up the time every once in a while. This would finally account for bathroom breaks and Jack getting across L.A. in a span of 15 minutes.

Yeah it seems like each season had a real slow, annoying storyline that we could do without. I think it was season 3 that had the Wayne/Julia/Sherry storyline. Season 4 had the Erin and her daughter storyline. Season 8 had Dana and her ex-husband. I'm sure I'm missing some but maybe they'll be less of that with only 12 episodes.

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/upl_images/24%20cougar.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100301095115/24/images/c/c4/8x09_Cole_Threatens.jpg

"Hi, your super amazing background checks couldn't prevent me from becoming the 47th mole in CTU history, but my crackhead boyfriend found me in 7 minutes."

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 11 months later...
For the first time in my life, I watched an episode of 24 live. Never thought that'd happen. Solid starter. I'm open to this re-launch, and I think the 12 episode format can only help.

For the first time in my life, I watched an episode of 24 live. Never thought that'd happen. Solid starter. I'm open to this re-launch, and I think the 12 episode format can only help.

Start with episodes 3 and 4 of Season 6 ;) That's what I did and they got me hooked.

I'm hopeful that with the time off and the shortened season they will avoid the same old same old that plagued the later seasons. No more government moles secretly working with the enemies. No more Jack is good then Jack is bad then Jack is good then Jack is bad. It's only been two episodes but I can see Kate taking on the role of Renee. The government agent who is supposed to be trying to catch Jack but secretly working with him after he convinces her he is right.

• 2 months later...
Overall I thought it was a pretty good season. With only 12 episodes they didn't have to waste a lot of time with stupid subplots. Not surprised they killed off a main character but I was a little surprised it was who it was (save the spoiler there). I was not happy with the ending though. Considering it is likely the series finale I would have liked a little more closure as opposed to them doing what they did, which would have led perfectly into a new season. You can't leave that much speculation in a series finale.

Thought this season was extremely well done and really one of the best of the series IMHO. As for leaving things open at the end, it really seems to me they are planning another season. They actually have a panel at Comic-con in a few weeks and that seems like the ideal place to announce another season. Possibly Chloe, Kate, and a broken out of prison Tony heading to Russia to bring Jack back.

I thought the whole season was rushed, with too many sub-plots going on. Terrorists, Russinas, and Chinese all packed into one day? Not to mention Chloe's shady hacking group, the chief of staff drama, President's health condition, trying to get the drone program passed on Parliment, it goes on and on. Just too much.

Still, I thought it was a great season. Mostly because I have always loved the Bauer character, Chloe too. I think the problem I'm having is that it was on during the summer. If this was on in the fall/winter, somehow it would have been more enjoyable for me.

I thought the whole season was rushed, with too many sub-plots going on. Terrorists, Russinas, and Chinese all packed into one day? Not to mention Chloe's shady hacking group, the chief of staff drama, President's health condition, trying to get the drone program passed on Parliment, it goes on and on. Just too much.

Still, I thought it was a great season. Mostly because I have always loved the Bauer character, Chloe too. I think the problem I'm having is that it was on during the summer. If this was on in the fall/winter, somehow it would have been more enjoyable for me.

Count me in this group, except I didn't think it was a great season. I know it's always been over the top but this season just seemed even more so. There were 3 separate groups of villains, plus the hacker group, and everything else, yet everyone was somehow linked? Just too much packed into one.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Well if you think about the Chief of Staff/Russians/Chinese was essentially one plot as they were working together. They had to include the Russians somehow. You can't have Jack resurface after murdering like 1000 Russians and not expect them to do something about it. They probably could have done without the Chinese but including them allowed Jack to kill probably his biggest enemy and still end up in the hands of the Russians. Plus that whole war threat was what drove the final few episodes.

Looking back though I'm not sure what the point of the President's health plot was as in never played a crucial factor in anything.

Finally got to the finale tonight. It was an enjoyable season and I was glad to see it back on tv, if only for 12 episodes.

The ending was left very open and I think bthurley19 is right on that a new season will be upon us. I was waiting this whole season for Tony to make an appearance, though.

Great show! I'll miss it again!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I enjoyed the season, it was fun to have it back on for awhile. Ya, way to much happens in the timeline, but I didn't really pay any attention to that this time around.

As for another season, I'm pretty sure the end implies Jack dies at the hands of the Russians. Season/Day 8 ended with the ticking clock still, this one ended with a silent clock.

Quote I just found from the producer:

"What does that silent clock mean at the end? I don't know if we know that yet," Cassar tells Yahoo TV. "There were so many conversations about what the end should be. And not that we're 100 percent sure that this is the end, yet, the absolute end, but there is a possibility, so you're trying to serve both masters. You're trying to serve, if this is the end, is this the way we want it to end? And you're trying to serve, if it's not the end, what do we do to keep it open?

"So, I think we got there. I think we found a place that was still interesting enough. And, you can keep Jack alive in your own mind. That's important, too. They did that at the end of Season 8, you kind of still felt he was out there, and I think that's important for Jack Bauer. America needs to know there's still a Jack Bauer out there… what he represents is important. So that's what we were going for, and I think we got there."

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-24--live-another-day--finale-director-jon-cassar-on-what-that-shocking-silent-clock-means-for-jack-bauer-055829425.html

• 9 months later...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/24-reboot-jack-bauer-118970462735.html

Saw a story about them possibly developing another season of 24 minus Jack. It'd be a little weird because Jack is the only character who lasted every season. I could maybe live with it though, especially if it keeps the real time format. I thought a season maybe centered around Kate trying to rescue Jack could be kind of interesting. Jack could just make an appearance in the final episode. Or according to this story Tony Almeida is still in play. Maybe a 24 spinoff involving him. Either way I hope something happens. 24 is my all time favorite series.

Archived