Brewer Fanatic

Jack is REALLY back (24 to resume in 2014)!

DSFastball55
I know some of you are 24 fans like me, and wondering if you caught the 2-hour 24:Redemption prequel to season 7 last night. I did, and without spoiling it for those who didn't, I thought it was pretty darn good, and an excellent lead-in to the new season. I was pretty skeptical after last season was probably the weakest since the show started, but Season 7 is looking pretty good from the trailers I've seen. Any thoughts?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought last nights episode took a little too long to develope, and honestly other than having Jack Bauer, President Daniels, and his chief of staff in there, there wasnt really anything "24" about it. But it did kind of set up where they are going to take season 7. I have to admit though, being set in a different city with no CTU (from what i heard), I am a little worried that next season is going to be quite the same.

I enjoyed it, but it seemed very toned down. Granted, they kind of had to in order to "set up" the upcoming season, so they had to take things slow. But it did a good job explaining why Jack was in Africa and leads into the new season's story line very well.

I'm always excited for the new season, critics be darned. Heck, I rarely agree with critics that pan something. Last season was fine; television is supposed to be fun. I had fun watching. If the critics didn't have fun, that's their problem.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• 1 month later...
I enjoyed it, but was disappointed that apparently every government office has a "Chloe" that works there. And yes, Billy Walsh was hard to overcome for me too. Hopefully he meets his end in the beginning of the season (not spoiler based just personal wish).

I really enjoyed the episode, but I love 24. I can understand how some of the things are similar each season and at times it isn't 'new'. Chloe is still in this season I believe at some point. I think I saw her in one of the commercials. It'll be interesting to see what type of role she has.

Somehow, despite my not historically liking the show, I keep finding myself watching the start of a new season. (Their starting the show after NFL playoff games is likely a contributing factor there.)

I didn't start watching until I was done with the TiVo'd Badger game (ugh) and playoff games, so I missed the first 20 minutes or so. I did catch someone making an off-hand remark about disbanding CTU....which I find hard to understand, given the terrorist actions of the prior 6 seasons (including a nuclear detonation, having Air Force One shot down, and the assassination of at least one former president).

As with the past few seasons, I'll inevitably keep watching until I feel like the plot is getting stupid. (My goal is to gripe about it less, though.)

EDIT: Walsh was one of the highpoints of the episode for me, although it took hearing his voice 2-3 times before I could place him. I never imagined what he'd look like as the "suit." (The one word that kept popping into my head once I had placed him.)

So far, so good. You can practically book the first dude's abduction (I'm holding out for that not happening, with the writers knowingly playing to expectations...but the setup is definitely there).

I am admittedly curious as to who's funding the CTUnderground. I can only assume that Buchannan has been stealing Steve Jobs' wardrobe and not shaving in order to stretch out his funding. If he eats a bowl of ramen for lunch next week, I'll know for sure. Jack trusts these people inherently, so they don't need to explain things to him, but I'd like to know what they plan on doing when they get into a room with the big bad, or if they have any semblance of government sanctioning for their activities.

FBI Mole: is it Walsh, Garofalo, the boss, or someone we haven't really been introduced to yet? (I'm discounting Agent Walker, since she was with Bauer the whole time....and because she wouldn't be pushing to find out where Jack and Tony were going if she already had an in. That, and I think she's attractive, and would like to see the character stick around.) That's the problem with setting up the new office in so little time: it really narrows down the suspects for 'the bad guy.'

I think Walsh turns out to be the mole in a scene where he rips off his suit only to be wearing a "suits suck" shirt and opens fire on the office.

Just kidding, I am sure its not him since that would be too obvious. Maybe its the blond girl that was asking him about his wife that has had no other relevance to the show than that one scene even though she has been their the whole time.

And poor Walsh, talk about typecast. He was so good in his role as the crazy director on Entourage that nobody can view him as anything else let alone someone in the corporate world.

I haven't seen Entourage so that character means nothing to me. I like the way this season is setting up with intertwined storylines. By all rights the mole should be Garafolo, the bleeding heart liberal that she is.

Great quotes from last night:

Emerson: "No, you are."

Chloe: "This is really starting to **** me off." (oops can't say that on this site.)

Jack: "This is gonna hurt."

Seeing Garafolo in a role where she's not pissy and domineering is like seeing Vince Vaughn as a less-than-cocky star in Dodgeball. It takes a while to get used to, but just might be crazy enough to work. What's next, is Kathy Griffin going to become funny?

I think the mole is actually Moss. He's too straight-laced.

excellent first four hours (finally finished tonight). Sure is set up to be an interesting season.

During the first 30 minutes, I wondered out loud to my wife, "I wonder if Tony is just in really, really, really deep cover or something," since both of us found it kind of incredulous to believe he was a bad guy, although he had all the reason in the world to do so (as he stated tonight, re: Michelle getting blown up, President Logan being really really bad, etc.). I got the biggest rush during the reveal in the third hour; my wife couldn't believe I was right. I still kind of get pumped up about that. However, I wouldn't doubt that Tony will end up as a bad guy pretending to be a good guy pretending to be a bad guy.

Also, I believe that the secret service agent in charge of the First Husband is undercover for the group that threatened the son's girlfriend for revealing information about the "murder." Although, I think that's pretty much fairly obvious.

As for the mole and the whole Walsh character (I have not seen Entourage either, so his character doesn't mean anything to me), all I know is this: the Walsh guy is horrible for this role as he doesn't (to me) seem to be doing a good job of acting; Jeanine Garafalo is really short and not aging really well; the head FBI guy reminds me of Craig Kilborn; and the mole is probably somebody we haven't seen yet but we'll all *GASP* when we see who it is (someone from a previous season).

Didn't Jack's father escape last season, too (James Cromwell)? I'm guessing we'll see him at some point this season, too.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

During the first 30 minutes, I wondered out loud to my wife, "I wonder if Tony is just in really, really, really deep cover or something," since both of us found it kind of incredulous to believe he was a bad guy, although he had all the reason in the world to do so (as he stated tonight, re: Michelle getting blown up, President Logan being really really bad, etc.). I got the biggest rush during the reveal in the third hour; my wife couldn't believe I was right. I still kind of get pumped up about that. However, I wouldn't doubt that Tony will end up as a bad guy pretending to be a good guy pretending to be a bad guy.
I told my Dad before I went to bed on Sunday night that Tony was undercover and working with Buchanan and Chloe. As soon as Buchanan talked on that cell phone to Jack I got that same rush feeling. I love being right. I was like a giggling school girl when Tony and Jack were escaping the FBI. Looks to be a fun season.

. . . with breath sounds, though.

I enjoyed last night's episode. Except the First Husband storyline can't possibly be ending already. Although I wouldn't mind--it's kinda lame. I am trying to keep an open mind and "big picture" attitude with it.

Jack's method of dealing with Agent Walker (is that her name?) was good but I couldn't tell if she caught on to him and, if so, when she did. I think she did in the truck when the guy was talking on the phone to confirm with his FBI informant.

- - - - - - - - -

My wife and I finally got a chance to catch up on all the episodes we DVRed. This is only the second year we watched. So, we are not familiar with the history that Jack has with...I forget his name...but the guy he's "teaming up" with now.

Aslo, neither of us can stand Chloe and we were dissapointed when she popped up again. She may possibly be the worst actor I have ever seen. Although, I always kind of liked her on "The Gary Shandling Show"...but she's not right for this show. I'm not a big fan of Garafalo outside of movies she's been in (I don't usually mind her acting). However, she starting to irritate me too. She's almost like a Chloe clone.

So far I'm liking it more than last year. Although I'm always going to have trouble with the whole "real time" concept. Some of it just doesn't make sense. They travel way too fast from place to place. I know it's a bit nitpicky, but one of the main premises of the show is that it takes place in real time. That's why it's called 24.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Aslo, neither of us can stand Chloe and we were dissapointed when she popped up again. She may possibly be the worst actor I have ever seen.

I think you may change your opinion if you watch previous seasons. Chloe's character is strange and I don't think it's bad acting. Chlose is just well...Chloe. I really like Chloe's character, but I'm sure that's because I've seen every season and grown to like her.

I agree with Hardy7 about Chloe...the more you watch her, the more you will appreciate her. I loved it when she tasered that guy a couple of seasons ago. I agree that the Secret Service agent was very obviously a mole for the "evil Africa group" that we met in Redemption. It also seems pretty obvious that the President's aide (Ethan, I think?) is the "person close to the president" that's working for them (it's so obvious to me that I'm wondering if they're setting us up, like a couple years ago when it looked like the VP was evil and it ended up being President Logan.)

I didn't understand the silent clock. The FBI agent seems like a pretty major character, so I can't imagine that they're killing her off this early. Plus, they've never used a silent clock for someone who wasn't a "main" character, IIRC.

Archived