Brewer Fanatic

The Anywhere But Wisconsin Winter Weather Thread 08-09 version

pitchleague

Not sure about this thread, but since I feel bad posting in the "Wisconsin" thread, there should probably be a thread for the rest of us.

This morning we had frost and temps about 39-degrees in Kingman, AZ--coldest morning thus far.

Please note: this thread is not intended to tick anybody off or gloat about how "nice" it is. Let us know about your "winter" weather that is not related to Wisconsin weather (anywhere in the midwest is going to get similar to Wisconsin weather, but I'll understand if you post it here.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It's been a pretty cruddy couple of days here. Low 50s with rain.

But I don't mind--it's "weather" rather than "the same 'ol thing."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

pitchleague, we had rain yesterday, and it's currently hailing! I think this marks the 3rd time since August that we've had precipitation in Phoenix. It's amazing how boring 80-100 and sunny can seem. Sometimes I just yearn for an overcast day.

• 2 weeks later...
I found out today that while I'm up in Wisconsin, it's going to snow in Kingman, AZ. Of course, I'm not going to be here to see it. Figures. But I've got plenty of the white stuff up here in Appleton to see, so it all evens out.

- - - - - - - - -

my wife and I have probably missed the single greatest weather day in the history of Kingman, AZ by being up in Wisconsin so early. Our school has one of those Weather Bug cameras and stuff and it is still snowing at 2:00 PM! Unbelievable! In fact, it's still a winter storm warning until tomorrow morning 11 am!

I had to postpone tonight's Christmas concert at our school with me coming up to Wisconsin for the funeral and such, but it's looking like I would have had to cancel it anyway!

- - - - - - - - -

Snowed quite a bit today in Portland, although the temp now is around 35 degrees. Luckily for us, the temp is going to drop well below freezing overnight, and the highs through the weekend are projected to be around 25, with snow tomorrow.

Also, I've seen multiple people using umbrellas to stop the evil snow from hitting them. I wanted to laugh, barf, and smack them... all at the same time. Confusing emotion.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It was 60 degrees in Boston on Monday. I am flying home to North Carolina on Saturday morning, so naturally the first major snowstorm of the season is scheduled to hit tomorrow, with more snow Saturday morning.

They are treating this like End Times snow. Schools are already closing. I thought they could handle this crap here.

(Please excuse my bad attitude. I am a very nervous flier and haven't recovered from what 6 inches of snow did to my flight home for Christmas last year.)

OK, I woke up this morning and it is COLD! Well, not Wisconsin-like cold, probably low 30's, but it's windy and cold! The good news is that by Christmas Day, it's going to be in the mid 70's. I'll take being in San Antonio this year and having 70s, versus being in Sheboygan (where I was the last 3 years) and have what's there currently.

It is embarrassing how a major city can shut down because of a couple inches of snow. Portland, OR is just not equipped to handle this weather. I have seen one plow in 3 days. Nothing is plowed and the sidewalks aren't shoveled. Thank goodness I have some money because the banks have been closed for days. Flights have been canceled, and my poor boyfriend has been at the airport all day. Hopefully he'll at least be able to get to the Chicago area today.

Yesterday I pushed a girl in a snowbank. I'm not usually a vindicative witch but this girl deserved it. I was walking on the sidewalk, which was not shoved just matted down because of the foot traffic. I see her coming, with an umbrella for the snow nonetheless, so I moved to the left a little expecting she would move to her left a little so we both didn't have to walk in much snow. Well princess didn't move at all, so when we crossed our shoulders hit, and she had the audacity to say "Excuse me" to me. So I said "Excuse YOU!" and pushed her in a snow bank. Oh, it felt good. I wish I could have rubbed her head in snow.

Portland, OR is just not equipped to handle this weather. I have seen one plow in 3 days. Nothing is plowed and the sidewalks aren't shoveled.
Snow is such a rare occurrence in Portland. I remember 5 years ago before I moved away from the Portland metro area, there was about 3-4 inches of snow followed by ice. Everything was shut down for 4 days, and I remember so many truckers being upset because nothing was done about the interstates.

• 1 month later...
Thought I'd resurrect this old thread seeing as you folks had a nice "spring-like" day and we're having a winter storm warning in NW Arizona today. Luckily, only rain in the lower elevations where I live.

- - - - - - - - -

WooHoo!!! They called off school today around noon for another snow day!!!! In NW Arizona, that's twice this year they've done it. That's a new record for me while living out here. About an inch on the ground, 32 degrees, 2 cars have flipped over on the 4 lane busiest street in town. It's been great! Feels like I'm back home!

- - - - - - - - -

well, you gotta remember that Kingman, AZ has about 320 nice days every year (maybe a few less) and those bus drivers have zero experience driving buses in sloppy snowy weather . . . on dirt roads in some places . . . with mountain grades in some places. Better to be safe than sorry.

Other than that, I agree. I, too, laugh when they close school for so little snow.

- - - - - - - - -

Archived