Brewer Fanatic

What value does Bill Hall have in a trade?

BREWCREW5

I think he has no value unless a team like the Orioles, desperate for a ss and considering offers for Brian Roberts, would be interested in taking a flyer. The Brewers would have to eat 6-70% of the contract, I guess. I suppose that' better than just releasing him outright.

If he were in the Brewers farm system now instead of several years ago, he wouldn't even be considered a prospect and would be lucky to get that proverbial cup of coffee. I think the best thing to do is keep him, never let him bat against righties, and and showcase him as a guy who can play everywhere. Or at least 2nd-ss-3rd.

More than a bag of balls to the right team. (Nice touch on the pink balls, FtJ.) He can play shortstop decently, and might still have a 750+ OPS year left in him. That's decently valuable in and of itself, but the $15.7 mil he's owed the next two years negates most of that value, to most teams. Joepepsi mentioned the Orioles... there are probably a few other teams that would assign some positive value as well.

He also has some inherent value in a my junk-for-your junk change of scenery trade. We could mine a nugget from that, I guess.

More than a bag of balls to the right team. (Nice touch on the pink balls, FtJ.)

these balls never lose their bounce -- and its a nice bag as well!!

We could mine a nugget from that, I guess.

Dude..., the balls NEVER lose their bounce!! That's infinite bouncitude x12 -- that's better than some Baltimore nugget.

Community Moderator
Bill Hall still has no value and the Brewers should not dump him. He's not even worth a bag of balls right now...we'd have to pay half of Hall's salary to get anything back. At the same time, even if he never repeats 2006, he still could certainly return to an improved form, and he does hit lefties well and plays solid defense. I think the Brewers should use him in a Counsell role.

Archived