Brewer Fanatic

360 Update

sgtcluels

Yeah that is a feature. i'm copying over rock band because I have a scratch on it. This just in.. drinking + pluged in controllers = friends girlfriend drags your xbox off your shelf and onto the ground.

They have Avatars now... it's a Wii rip off completely. Especially the sounds.

Netflix streaming is alright, no Dolby digital, and the picture quality is just alright.

Thanks for the heads up, I knew it was coming but I forgot when. The play from hard drive feature is the best thing for me since I constantly have read errors on a lot of different games, probably a dusty laser or something. This will hopefully alleviate that issue.

Do you need Xbox Live to use the Netflix streaming option? I don't have any real need for Live otherwise, so I'd rather not have to pay an extra $15 or whatever for it.

You need to be an XBox Live Gold account (ie, paying subscriber) in order to access Netflix Streaming. You also have to be a Netflix subscriber.

(Personally, I'm holding out another month for my TiVo HD to get Netflix streaming....but that doesn't happen for another month.)

It looks like you can only have one Netflix account linked to your each gold member which sucks... for my wife. Live is just under $40 with free shipping for a 13 month card on either Amazon or Buy.com. Better than spending $50+tax over xbox live.

I was dissapointed that you couldn't even change the color of your clothes. Very generic choices for everything on your avatar.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Now my XBOX wont load any discs anymore...........

It just says open tray.

I'm on my 3rd XBOX because of random RROD, sent in in 2 times the past 3 months.

And now I guess my 3 year warranty is up, meaning I will have to pay 94 bucks to get it fixed because of their darn update, I am not happy.

And many in XBOX forums are having this same problems.

I don't expect them to fix this too, they will try to get as much cash as possible before a patch.

Looks like it will be a hard decision for me between a PS4 and a XBOX 720(or whatever its going to be called)

I'm calling again to complain about my situation and deal with their EXCELLENT!!! customer service!

Just so everybody knows, you can only link one Netflix account per Xbox. My wife also as a Netflix account and when we started a gold membership for her on my our Xbox it brought up my play now queue.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

It looks like that replacement (Phoenix) for the 360 is probably a year out at least. I have't heard anything more then "It's expected to have 4x the processing and graphics power" and that's about it. I'm sure the cost point is going to be very big, and the reason why i'm slow adopting consoles. I don't want to pay 800 bucks to play 2 video games. I'll wait...

Do you have proper cooling? More RROD sound like they stem from the GPU over heating, warping and then causing the RROD.

Its BS, I'm on my 3rd XBOX, previous 2 had been replaced by Microsoft. But now I'm out of my 3 yr warranty

This one is like 2 months old.....I havent moved it since I took it out of the box, its in the TV cabinet. There is no way it should be broken.

The DVD drive is simply broke, cannot read a disc. I don't know if its the NXE or what, but this is bull.

I think my only option is just to buy a new one.....instead of getting it fixed, that way I could have Microsofts warranty actually

Is your tv cabinet enclosed? I always thought with the reputation for heat causing xbox 360 issues, that having one in an enclosure would be a big no-no. I would keep it in the open air no matter what.

The warranty thing really sucks. And preludes what is probably going to happen to me, I think this thanksgiving will mark the end of my warranty. And while I haven't had any issues, I know I am living on borrowed Microsoft time.

Archived