Brewer Fanatic

Fukudome?

While I know that Hart is way cheaper, Making under 1 million in 2008, I also know that from June on he couldnt hit (Did hit .299 in August, but also only had an OBP of .310, 3 walks in the whole month) or take a walk for his life. Hart only had a .300 OBP

I do realize Fukudome followed the same trend, but he ended up with a higher obp by .59, ops is a great stat but we need a lefty hitter with obp. Both of which Hart doesnt have.

Let's not forget Hart had an OBP of .353 just last year. His OPS was .892. He has had almost 3 full years worth of PA in his career. There is a good chance that 2008 was just a down year for him and he will be closer to his 2007 stats than his 2008 stats next year. Let's not get carried away with calling Hart a bad player. He has been a good hitter all through his career including the minors.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

While I know that Hart is way cheaper, Making under 1 million in 2008, I also know that from June on he couldnt hit (Did hit .299 in August, but also only had an OBP of .310, 3 walks in the whole month) or take a walk for his life. Hart only had a .300 OBP

I do realize Fukudome followed the same trend, but he ended up with a higher obp by .59, ops is a great stat but we need a lefty hitter with obp. Both of which Hart doesnt have.

The main point is the same one logan brought up. Hart is one year removed from a year much better than Fukudome last year so he has a track record in MLB. Fukudome does not so it is harder to project him bouncing back. Low power lefties who are best played in corner OF spots do not have a ton of value in my mind. If Fukudome was a good CF (which I have seen nothing to assume he is) then there would be a debate as to who is more valuable for the Brewers him or Hart, but I still would not want him because his only year as MLB player was not good.

Man I wish we had some more players who arent good, with a .350+ OBP with decent hitting, a lefty, and who are plus defenders.

Fukudome was 23rd out of 29 NL OF in OPS, that is not that good (He was 8th of 10 RF). You like to look at OBP, but if it comes with that little power then it is not as valuable. I think he did have a nice OBP. However his power was nonexistent and he played at Wrigley which is a nice place for lefties (look what it did for Edmonds) and he had poor numbers.

The Cubs have Fukudome and are looking for a left handed hitter for right field. That should tell you something.

The Cubs have Fukudome and are looking for a left handed hitter for right field. That should tell you something.

yeah that Hendry is not perfect and that the largest market teams generally give up on players way before they should. If money were not part of the equation I'd gradly swap Fukudome and Hart. With the money added in I'm not so sure though.

Archived