Brewer Fanatic

Why David Dejesus?

MillerParkSouth

Because Co Co Crisp isn't available anymore, that's why.

As I've stated before here, I'm not a DeJesus fan. He doesn't do anything particularly well. I just don't get all the man love for a singles hitter who might hit .290, but with no discernible power or speed. Is it solely because he hits lefthanded, or are one of his Moneyball stats off the charts? For his career, he averages about 11 at bats per extra base hit. No way would I give up anything more than spare parts for him. Definitely not Weeks or Hart.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the Royals are not the best judge of talent. I mean that gave Jose Guillen a boat load of money, so they have missed on some guys before. There are numerous players who blossom after they leave a team. DeJesus fits some of our needs.

Maybe the Royals are not the best judge of talent. I mean that gave Jose Guillen a boat load of money, so they have missed on some guys before. There are numerous players who blossom after they leave a team. DeJesus fits some of our needs.

I guess I'd rather just keep Cameron for another year and hope a better trade solution (or even Cain improvement) presents itself in a year. Being a lefty with a good OBP is not the total answer when talking about a starting outfield position. I believe you have to bring more to the table, at least if our goal is to be/remain a playoff team. A few years ago, DeJasus would be fine though. If we want to win ninety plus? Maybe not...

I guess I'd rather just keep Cameron for another year and hope a better trade solution (or even Cain improvement) presents itself in a year. Being a lefty with a good OBP is not the total answer when talking about a starting outfield position. I believe you have to bring more to the table, at least if our goal is to be/remain a playoff team. A few years ago, DeJasus would be fine though. If we want to win ninety plus? Maybe not...

Maybe the Royals are not the best judge of talent.

A great point that doesn't seem to come up often enough in situations like this. While GM's aren't bound to take absurd, one-sided deals that are often posted on all internet message boards on occasion, I think the flip side is that a lot of people underestimate how many doofuses are in positions of authority in Pro Sports as a whole.

I guess I'd rather just keep Cameron for another year and hope a better trade solution (or even Cain improvement) presents itself in a year.

I think the whole logic behind a Cameron deal is to improve the team's pitching by getting an arm in return for Cam, and then going out and getting a guy like DeJesus to fill the hole in CF. In a year, Cam isn't under contract with the Brewers, and (hopefully) we won't be in a position where we are looking to use him to fill other holes.

A great point that doesn't seem to come up often enough in situations like this. While GM's aren't bound to take absurd, one-sided deals that are often posted on all internet message boards on occasion, I think the flip side is that a lot of people underestimate how many doofuses are in positions of authority in Pro Sports as a whole.

I guess I'd rather just keep Cameron for another year and hope a better trade solution (or even Cain improvement) presents itself in a year.

I think the whole logic behind a Cameron deal is to improve the team's pitching by getting an arm in return for Cam, and then going out and getting a guy like DeJesus to fill the hole in CF. In a year, Cam isn't under contract with the Brewers, and (hopefully) we won't be in a position where we are looking to use him to fill other holes.

Archived