Brewer Fanatic

Why David Dejesus?

MillerParkSouth
The Royals need middle infielders more than any thing else right now and them adding Crisp is very puzzling to me. With Greinke looking to go year to year with the Royals they may trade him also. I wouldn't mind trading Hart and a few prospects for Greinke and DeJesus. I'm not sure how likely a trade like that would be but it would be nice to get a lead off hitter in DeJesus and having Greinke as the #1 or #2 starter.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Royals need middle infielders more than any thing else right now and them adding Crisp is very puzzling to me. With Greinke looking to go year to year with the Royals they may trade him also. I wouldn't mind trading Hart and a few prospects for Greinke and DeJesus. I'm not sure how likely a trade like that would be but it would be nice to get a lead off hitter in DeJesus and having Greinke as the #1 or #2 starter.

The Royals never thought much of Dejesus as a defender, as Dayton Moore has made numerous deals to keep him from playing CF. The latest was a deal that sent a hard-throwing, effective, cheap set-up man for an aging, expensive CF with mediocre at best offense.

He might fit best as a LF, with Braun in RF, if Hart could be dealt for a starting pitcher. I just don't think a team will be willing to give up a starting pitcher any better than Andy Sonnastine, Edwin Jackson, or Glen Perkins for Hart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

The Royals never thought much of Dejesus as a defender, as Dayton Moore has made numerous deals to keep him from playing CF. The latest was a deal that sent a hard-throwing, effective, cheap set-up man for an aging, expensive CF with mediocre at best offense.

He might fit best as a LF, with Braun in RF, if Hart could be dealt for a starting pitcher. I just don't think a team will be willing to give up a starting pitcher any better than Andy Sonnastine, Edwin Jackson, or Glen Perkins for Hart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Id go balistic if we could trade Corey Hart for Andy Sonnanstine and then aquired David Dejesus. All you would have left to do is sign a couple relievers to the bullpen (Brian Fuentes or Kerry Wood??) then fix the 3rd base problem (Gamel Hall platoon?) and you're set for the season.

I think this team could easily contend for the Wild Card in 2009

RF DeJesus

2B Weeks

LF Braun

1B Fielder

SS Hardy

CF Cameron

3B Gamel / Hall

C Kendall

SP Gallardo

SP Parra

SP Bush

SP Sonnanstine

SP Suppan

RP Fuentes / Wood

RP Villanueva

RP Riske

RP McClung

RP Coffey

RP Stetter

RP DeFilice / Shouse

@WiscoSportsNut

Id go balistic if we could trade Corey Hart for Andy Sonnanstine and then aquired David Dejesus. All you would have left to do is sign a couple relievers to the bullpen (Brian Fuentes or Kerry Wood??) then fix the 3rd base problem (Gamel Hall platoon?) and you're set for the season.

RF DeJesus

2B Weeks

LF Braun

1B Fielder

SS Hardy

CF Cameron

3B Gamel / Hall

C Kendall

SP Gallardo

SP Parra

SP Bush

SP Sonnanstine

SP Suppan

RP Fuentes / Wood

RP Villanueva

RP Riske

RP McClung

RP Coffey

RP Stetter

RP DeFilice / Shouse

@WiscoSportsNut

RF DeJesus

2B Weeks

LF Braun

1B Fielder

SS Hardy

CF Cameron

3B Gamel / Hall

C Kendall

SP Gallardo

SP Parra

SP Bush

SP Sonnanstine

SP Suppan

RP Fuentes / Wood

RP Villanueva

RP Riske

RP McClung

RP Coffey

RP Stetter

RP DeFilice / Shouse

@WiscoSportsNut

Why is everyone so afraid to trade Rickie Weeks? My gosh he had to be benched down the stretch for Ray Durham. Now Durham's been a solid player but he's on his last legs. Weeks is 26 and is arby eligible but hasn't come close to fufilling his promise. He has to improve significantly to match what DeJesus has already done. Wouldn't it be wiser to keep and pay a producer like Hardy and create a spot for Escobar by dealing Weeks?

Neither Weeks or DeJesus are great defenders so that's kind of a wash.

Why is everyone so afraid to trade Rickie Weeks? My gosh he had to be benched down the stretch for Ray Durham. Now Durham's been a solid player but he's on his last legs. Weeks is 26 and is arby eligible but hasn't come close to fufilling his promise. He has to improve significantly to match what DeJesus has already done. Wouldn't it be wiser to keep and pay a producer like Hardy and create a spot for Escobar by dealing Weeks?

Why is everyone so afraid to trade Rickie Weeks? He has to improve significantly to match what DeJesus has already done.

Dejesus hasn't been more valuable than Weeks. In his last 3 seasons, at ages 23, 24, and 25, Weeks posted a 358 OBA and 769 OPS.

In DeJesus's last 3 seasons, at ages 26, 27, and 28, he posted a 360 OBA and 780 OPS. Looks like they've been rather similar. Throw in that Weeks is a 2B and Dejesus is a LF, and its easy to see why we'd rather have Weeks.

Why is everyone so afraid to trade Rickie Weeks? He has to improve significantly to match what DeJesus has already done.

Dejesus hasn't been more valuable than Weeks. In his last 3 seasons, at ages 23, 24, and 25, Weeks posted a 358 OBA and 769 OPS.

In DeJesus's last 3 seasons, at ages 26, 27, and 28, he posted a 360 OBA and 780 OPS. Looks like they've been rather similar. Throw in that Weeks is a 2B and Dejesus is a LF, and its easy to see why we'd rather have Weeks.

Because Co Co Crisp isn't available anymore, that's why.

As I've stated before here, I'm not a DeJesus fan. He doesn't do anything particularly well. I just don't get all the man love for a singles hitter who might hit .290, but with no discernible power or speed. Is it solely because he hits lefthanded, or are one of his Moneyball stats off the charts? For his career, he averages about 11 at bats per extra base hit. No way would I give up anything more than spare parts for him. Definitely not Weeks or Hart.

Because Co Co Crisp isn't available anymore, that's why.

As I've stated before here, I'm not a DeJesus fan. He doesn't do anything particularly well. I just don't get all the man love for a singles hitter who might hit .290, but with no discernible power or speed. Is it solely because he hits lefthanded, or are one of his Moneyball stats off the charts? For his career, he averages about 11 at bats per extra base hit. No way would I give up anything more than spare parts for him. Definitely not Weeks or Hart.

Archived