Brewer Fanatic

Why David Dejesus?

MillerParkSouth

What's the appeal with DeJesus? I keep hearing his name so I checked out his numbers and nothing really jumped out at me. Solid average, not a lot of speed or power, decent OBP. Would we play him in CF because it doesn't look like he has the numbers to play a corner.

(fixed code --1992)

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the appeal with DeJesus? I keep hearing his name so I checked out his numbers and nothing really jumped out at me. Solid average, not a lot of speed or power, decent OBP. Would we play him in CF because it doesn't look like he has the numbers to play a corner.

(fixed code --1992)

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

(fixed code --1992)

DeJesus is what the brewers have been looking for over the past two offseasons--left handed, solid OBP, potential to hit lead off. After the Royals traded for Crisp, it appears that DeJesus, Teahen, or Guillen will be on the move.

DeJesus is what the brewers have been looking for over the past two offseasons--left handed, solid OBP, potential to hit lead off. After the Royals traded for Crisp, it appears that DeJesus, Teahen, or Guillen will be on the move.

He is a solid player that plays for the Royals, so a lot of people automatically think he is available each off-season, which is probably not true.

I was browsing over his stats, and I would be very happy to get his .360 OBP in our lineup, I also noticed that he has a .923 OPS vs NL teams in 327 career ab's.

He is a solid player that plays for the Royals, so a lot of people automatically think he is available each off-season, which is probably not true.

I was browsing over his stats, and I would be very happy to get his .360 OBP in our lineup, I also noticed that he has a .923 OPS vs NL teams in 327 career ab's.

He's not the greatest player but he's what the Brewers could use. He won't get on at a .400 clip, but he's never been below .351 and his OBP as leadoff man is very respectible .366. He won't hit too many HR but he'll be among the league leaders in triples and he hits in the clutch. In 2008, he hit (get this) .419/.484/.562 with RISP.

In his career with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs, he's struck out just 9 times in 132 plate appearences. That's incredible. In those same situations, he has 35 hits and 18 sacrifice flies. Contrast that with the flailing from many Brewers in that situation and you see why this guy would be such a nice addition.

He's crushed NL pitching in his career too. In interleague games in 327 AB's he's hit .345/.423/.500.

He's not the greatest player but he's what the Brewers could use. He won't get on at a .400 clip, but he's never been below .351 and his OBP as leadoff man is very respectible .366. He won't hit too many HR but he'll be among the league leaders in triples and he hits in the clutch. In 2008, he hit (get this) .419/.484/.562 with RISP.

In his career with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs, he's struck out just 9 times in 132 plate appearences. That's incredible. In those same situations, he has 35 hits and 18 sacrifice flies. Contrast that with the flailing from many Brewers in that situation and you see why this guy would be such a nice addition.

He's crushed NL pitching in his career too. In interleague games in 327 AB's he's hit .345/.423/.500.

so people are viewing him as a leadoff/CF then? I guess I could get on board with that, even though i'd hate to lose Cameron. Did the Royals play him at a corner though?

so people are viewing him as a leadoff/CF then? I guess I could get on board with that, even though i'd hate to lose Cameron. Did the Royals play him at a corner though?

The Royals need middle infielders more than any thing else right now and them adding Crisp is very puzzling to me. With Greinke looking to go year to year with the Royals they may trade him also. I wouldn't mind trading Hart and a few prospects for Greinke and DeJesus. I'm not sure how likely a trade like that would be but it would be nice to get a lead off hitter in DeJesus and having Greinke as the #1 or #2 starter.

Archived