Brewer Fanatic

Funniest TV Shows of all time (my top 10)

Weirdos19

This will be a list that blurs funny and best, but here is is. Some carry over from childhood, but still needed to be here.

1. Arrested Development (best show ever)

2. Simpsons Seasons 3 - 9 (yeah, i am that nerdy and broke it down)

3. Family Guy Seasons 1 - 3 (the original run, just not as good as it was)

4. South Park (they are becoming more hit or miss but is here for the hits)

5. Rocky and Bullwinkle

6. The Venture Brothers

7. The State

8. Rocko's Modern Life

9. The episode of Just Shoot Me with David Cross as "Donnie with a D"

10. Strangers With Candy

Potential but need more time: Frisky Dingo, Superjail

On the downswing: Moral Orel, How I Met Your Mother

Just missing the cut was Cheap Seats, Futurama

Chappelle's Show was so very very funny, but so little of it, and so heavily repeated, I can't put it in my ten

Home Movies and Dr. Katz for that matter are both good, but I can't cant full get into them for some reason

My list seems very very heavy on the cartoons, how about that, I think we need an adult swim thread as well.

*edit* moved Strangers With Candy to #10 and Futurama to "just missed"

01) Simpsons

02) Family Guy

03) Arrested Development

04) The Office

05) Married ... With Children

06) NewsRadio

07) Campus Ladies

08) Mystery Science Theater 3000

09) Gilmore Girls

10) Two and a Half Men

Also receiving votes: Freaks & Geeks, Muppet Babies, Family Ties, M*A*S*H, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Eek the Cat, Bobby's World

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I made my list without reading others first, which may be a good or bad thing cuz I'm sure I'll leave off something that's genius. I didn't wanna be influenced by anyone either. I dunno if there is much order to this either.

1. Seinfeld- Every year great

2. Simpsons - Please, go off the air before you completely ruin your legacy

3. Family Guy - Starting to fall, but that Bird Is The Word Episode was the funniest 12 minutes of television this year

4. South Park - As long as there are fads, politics, and children, this show will be hilarious

5. The Office - No other cast could pull that off so perfectly.

6. Curb Your Enthusiasm - Do I laugh, or cringe. Damn you Larry David!!!

7. Yes, Dear - Like the Odd Couple, with two families

8. Cosby Show - Bill Cosby, thank you.

9. Jack ash - Nothing better than watching a buncha drunk idiots do drunken idiot stuff. Timed the series perfectly and went out on top.

10. Arrested Development - Though I've only seen the first season and then a few random episodes

Honorable Mentions:

Night Court - I wish I could still see this in syndication

Lucky Louie - Really coulda been longer than one season. Brilliant.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Closest HM to make the top ten, but just missed out

Wonder Showzen - Kids doing interviews that end up making adults looks stupid will always win in my book. Totally messed up, and totally hilarious. Do yourself a favor and check it out. NOW!

After doing my list and went back and checked things out. Pretty similar. Props to whoever said Yes, Dear for sure. And yes, Night Court was a surprise to see so many times. I remember loving that show, but haven't seen it in forever. A box set availble yet?

Some of the HBO shows that are more dramas than comedies (Sopranos, Entourage) definatley have their funny moments, but I see those more as a drama, maybe a dramady? (ie Sportsnight). Freaks and Geeks the same thing. Good lists though from pretty much everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
I listed this show in my top 10 and was hoping someone would comment on it, but no one did. Was I the only one to watch Campus Ladies during it's 1.5 season run? It was a sitcom on the Oxygen channel about two 40-ish year old women who go back to college, live on campus, and try to fit in with the whole college experience (roommates, classmates, professors, sororities, parties, etc). Comedy style was off-the wall, even brash or off color, and often times awkward. (Not unlike The Office or Arrested Development, albeit much less polished.) Hilariously entertaining -- I'm not sure any other TV show has ever made me laugh out loud as much. I think it was also the first vehicle to give Jonah Hill serious exposure. Wish it would have lasted longer and I'd kill for it to be released on DVD, there's not even anything good on Youtube. (Hint hint hint if anyone out there has anything from this show recorded in any format.)
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I watched Campus Ladies. It was hilarious.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm not too original apparently because most of my favorites have already been listed multiple times, such as Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, Family Guy, etc. I also love the first and only season of Flight of the Conchords. I haven't seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but hear good things, and the couple episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm I've seen were great.

I will also grudgingly admit that the first couple seasons of Friends were pretty funny. Maybe this should go in the guilty pleasures thread from awhile back.

I don't watch much variety these days. The first three are the only real non-news shows I currently watch regularly.

1. The Office - Hilarious, and refreshing that it doesn't need laugh tracks.

2. Seinfeld - I think I watched it too much, therefore the slip from its long standing #1 position on my list.

3. Still Standing - I find it the most hilarious of the "normal" sitcoms. Not embarrassed to watch the Lifetime network when this is on.

4. Curb Your Enthusiam - Seinfeld without the annoying laugh tracks and new characters.

5. South Park - Its hit or miss, but the hits are hilarious.

6. Lingo - Fun to play a long, crazy Chuck Woolery as the host, and a hot assistant.

7. Family Fued - All versions are great. Again, fun to play along.

8. Degrassi - Didn't think of it until BDK mentioned it, but he's right, incredibly unintentionally funny.

9. GUTS - Shout out to my youth, great show. First there was the Aggro Crag, then the Mega Crag, now, the Super Agro Crag! Let's go to Mo for the rules, MO!

10. Entourage - I'll give it a mention, as I watched about a season and a half and liked it more than I expected, but it really wasn't my style.

Yes Dear has got to the be the worst television program ever. How can anyone find that funny?
How can you not fall in love with the hillbilly drawled ramblings of Anthony Clark or the charisma of the guy who played "The Rick" on the old ESPN commercials.

I listed this show in my top 10 and was hoping someone would comment on it, but no one did. Was I the only one to watch Campus Ladies during it's 1.5 season run?

Wow, I just watched some Campus Ladies on YouTube. That show is brilliant. Thanks for the tip.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any love for Robot Chicken or Sealab 2021. Some other good ones that haven't been mentioned:

Mighty Boosh:

Xtacles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFU2hFZ1wko

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (the intro alone is genius):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjmJWVc1RGY

Fat Guy Stuck in Internet (in all of its low budget glory):

http://www.youtube.com/wa...hAQbs&feature=related

edit: I guess I spoke too soon. Looks like Fatter than Joey has Robot Chicken on his list.

I'm surprised that nobody has put down "Whose Line is it Anyway" (either the British or the American versions). I always crack up with that show.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm surprised that nobody has put down "Whose Line is it Anyway" (either the British or the American versions). I always crack up with that show.
Wow, major omission on my part. I watch it way more often on youtube than on TV, so that might be why I overlooked it.

• 2 weeks later...

1a. Seinfeld

1b. Arrested Development (probably funnier than Seinfeld, but Seinfeld has longevity.)

3. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

4. Freaks and Geeks, even though it's partly drama too.

5. The Office

6. Curb Your Enthusiasm

7. First few seasons of Family Guy

8. Scrubs, even though the last couple seasons aren't too funny.

Any of the scripted "reality" shows on MTV during the day. Seriously, I watch that garbage way too much.

Archived