Brewer Fanatic

TV Shows that should be cancelled

Bikeage77

Some of you guys know that we don't watch much non-cable television. Most of our viewing comes from Disney, Food TV, PBS, History, Disc, stuff like that.

As far as I'm concerned we could eliminate every single show listed above this post.

I'd like to fully eliminate American Idol from America's mainstream and banish any further reality shows from existence.

Now that I think about it, besides football games, I don't watch any of the big networks anymore. You could take them off the air entirely and it would take me a while to notice it.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised no one mentioned "Cops", because I know how much some people hate that show. Never understood why. I love that show - will never get sick of it.

Seriously, How can you not enjoy watching some drunk, overly tattooed red-neck trying to explain to the police why he's walking down the middle of the street in woman's underwear. I mean come on! That's entertainment!

Notice how none of this is in blue.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I could see Survivor having a Cops-like run. I don't watch the show religiously, but I watch it once and a while over my wife's shoulder, and I can see why it has been as successful as it has.

Matt Groening makes fun of the Simpsons long run during the show itself. It's funny, because I have said similar things to comments earlier in this thread, such as "the show should have been cancelled after season 10." However, I then discover that some of my most favorite episodes debuted much later than I thought they did. I admit that I haven't had a good 30-minute, from beginning to end laugh while watching the show in quite some time, but the show still has its moments, and the movie was pretty funny.

The Office really needs to re-discover what made the show so successful from the beginning. They've been on the fast track to gimmicky lameness for quite some time now, and really need to re-find the spontaneous, seemingly non-scripted humor that made the show feel real not too long ago. Before last Thursday, this season was a complete disaster. Thank you Andy Bernard.

is America's Most Wanted still on the air? anyone else remember when Fox wanted to cancel the show, but so many law enforcement agencies petitioned to keep it on.

I agree about Cops as a good show. It's one of those that can't be expensive to make (they donate money to the department they're riding with), it probably has a die-hard audience, and they can slip the show onto some miserable timeslot and fill up space. and it's not like it changes--if you like it at all, it's always going to be the same.

i'm with you colbyjack, i can see the popular reality shows lasting about forever. more than anything, because they can do short runs during the summer when the sitcoms are on hiatus. plus the fact that they're extremely cheap to make, so they probably don't need gigantic ratings to make a profit.

30 Rock, anyone? Let me preface my comments by saying that I enjoy the show and even own the first two seasons on DVD, but Season 3 has been an appeal to the lowest common denominator with all of the guest stars. I'd rather see the show cancelled and wrapped up nicely like Arrested Development than see the quality dip.

30 Rock is in the same boat as Arrested Development. A top notch show that is loved by critics and their small fan bases, but just do not get the ratings to stick around for too long. AD even poked fun at itself towards the end about having to bring in famous people to boost ratings.

As a side note, the ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT MOVIE is a go! Confirmed by Ron Howard just the other day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived