Brewer Fanatic

TV Shows that should be cancelled

Bikeage77

Any shows you think should go off the air?

Frank TV: Stick to the radio, kid. His Madden voice is spot on, but doing a show based on one guy doing impersonations is god awful.

Prison Break: How many times can you break out of prison, then return, then break out?

24: Every year Jack Bauer starts looking at the calender thinking "any day now, I'll be running around this city like crazy trying to find terrorists, better catch a nap now, cuz who knows when I can sleep next!" First season was great, didn't get into the second season after watching the first half, then lost interest altogether. Woulda been a much more epic one time shot.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24: Every year Jack Bauer starts looking at the calender thinking "any day now, I'll be running around this city like crazy trying to find terrorists, better catch a nap now, cuz who knows when I can sleep next!" First season was great, didn't get into the second season after watching the first half, then lost interest altogether. Woulda been a much more epic one time shot.

I love 24 so I'll just agree to disagree. I actually didn't like season 1 all that much. I do understand why it may not be liked as much as other shows...there's only so much Jack Bauer can really do now. I do think if you don't like it (and only watched it on tv) it might be a good idea to give the dvds a try. The episodes are 15 minutes shorter and really makes the season have a lot more flow IMO.

Prison Break is my guilty pleasure. I think it's pretty well done... they are on season four now and have really only escaped from two prisons. Seasons two and four have been more allegorical "prison breaks" and if the show runs a full 6-7 seasons, they may not have to physically break out of a prison again. The worst part of the show is the acting - both the leads are pretty bad, but the writing makes up for it.

I agree that the Simpsons should have been cancelled long ago, around when Futurama debuted. Futurama was/is a hilarious show. It has easily been funnier than the Simpsons since they've both been on together.

I haven't watched Law & Order since Jerry Orbach left... I can't imagine that show still being fresh. Heck, Law & Order: SVU is in its 10th season and should be finished soon if not now. Criminal Intent is really good, mostly because of Vincent D'Onofrio, but again, that is in its 8th season. The Law & Order franchise needs to think about closing up shop.

I still like "The Simpsons", but it's no longer something I go out of my way to see, or even make sure to DVR. I think it's now at the point where the lame episodes far outweigh the few good ones each season. I'd like to see them do maybe one more season, focus on doing a bunch of really good episodes that kind of wrap up any loose ends (have Ned Flanders get remarried, maybe have Bart go into the 5th grade, have Homer either get fired permanently and find his real job, that kind of stuff), and call it a series. I mean, it's going to be in syndication forever, so it's not like the show will be going off air completely. Maybe they could do another couple Simpsons movies too, since I think most people enjoyed the first one.

BTW, for the Futurama fans, the latest DVD movie is really funny.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Definitely looking forward to 24 re-starting on Sunday.

Fox pushed Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles to nauseating levels, and I'm not disappointed that it's being moved to the precursor-to-cancellation Friday night slot with already low ratings.

"Without a Trace" should be cancelled. I just don't enjoy it anymore--haven't for a couple of seasons really, but I still watch it.

"24" Man, what a show! I think season 4 was the best. Yeah, it's ultra-unbelievable what Jack Bauer can do/put up with but it's like watching an action movie that's 24 hours long instead of two. And I will second the motion somebody put on here to watch them on DVD. Much easier to watch and "get into".

We should really have a thread titled "TV Shows that should not have been cancelled."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Fox pushed Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles to nauseating levels, and I'm not disappointed that it's being moved to the precursor-to-cancellation Friday night slot with already low ratings.
Yes but I love that show it is one of the few shows that I actually watch week after week. The three shows I watch are: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Unit, and House.

Ones that need to go are Prison Break, Frank TV, and ER.

I'm a big House fan, but I think that show needs to go. The producers made a big mistake in not writing Chase, Cameron and Foreman out of the show entirely after the third season. As a result, they're left trying to make the show work with an ensemble cast, and it just doesn't. The show in its current form isn't well paced and doesn't bear much resemblance to what worked in the first place. I believe that Hugh Laurie's contract is up at the end of the season and the show is getting close to jumping the shark with a House-Cuddy romance.

24 should probably also go, though I think it's a victim of the times. The first season of 24 was great because it was so genre-busting. Since, the show has become quite formulaic but tried to distinguish itself in the past couple of years by making Jack into almost an anti-hero; unfortunately, this is happening at the time when every superhero film and action movie is doing the same thing.

I think Survivor has had to have run its course by now.
An old GF actually got me hooked on Survivor and I can't stop watching it. I don't feel that it has run its course due to the fact that every season there are new competitors and new challenges. The end-game is always the same but the way people's personalities mesh (or don't) along the way to the final episode makes it a can't miss for me.

Nip/Tuck has had several jump-the-shark moments, and should have ended awhile ago.

Isn't Scrubs moving to ABC for its final season? That show has been pretty terrible the last 2 seasons. Words cannot describe how much I hate Zach Braff.

Entourage season 4 was pretty stale from what I saw. I don't have HBO anymore, so maybe 5 is a bit better. Hopefully, because the first 3 seasons were very good.

Real World and all the challenges that go along with it. It's pretty sad that the cast members still can just pack up their lives a couple of times a year, and head out to an exotic location to participate in challenges. Some of these people are pushing 40. Real World just changes locations, the cast is always exactly the same types of people. And they must be close to running out of large metro areas by now.

The only show mentioned to date in this thread that I regularly watch is The Simpsons. ER lost me quite a while ago, when the mentally ill guy stabbed Carter and the intern. That looked so real, to me, that I was upset for the next week, after which I decided I didn't need that anymore.

I swear I don't mean to sound like a TV snob.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

"Entourage season 4 was pretty stale from what I saw. I don't have HBO anymore, so maybe 5 is a bit better. Hopefully, because the first 3 seasons were very good."

Entourage's comeback this year has been incredible. The hour and a half block of True Blood and Entourage is probably my favorite right now

The only reason I've watched Scrubs the last two seasons is to see how it will end. I really like the first few seasons a lot but it's certainly time for it to go now.

Nearly every sitcom to me is bad, and they always seem to be the same every episode. Two and Half Men for example, the nephew will say something dumb that's funny cause he's 12, Charlie Sheen drinks and is with a lot of women, his brother's a dork. I don't understand how it can go on for so many years. Maybe I'm just ignorant but it gets old pretty quick, yet there are tons of new sitcoms every year.

Archived