Brewer Fanatic

Brewers in on Gagne? - Final: to Boston

Quote:
According to the foxsports article, "The Rangers would receive left-hander Kason Gabbard and an additional player or players in the deal, sources say."

If that is all that they needed, I would have much rather traded the Inman package to the Texas for Gagne rather than for Linebrink.

The big differences I see are:

- Gabbard is left-handed and has already made several nice starts at the major-league level

- Linebrink will bring the Brewers two high draft picks next year, while Gagne most likely will not bring the Red Sox any. DM made it clear that getting the draft picks was a key to the Linebrink trade.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"When has Francisco Cordero...Turnbow...Wise...or Villanueva?"

You just made my point Stevo. Have you watched that group recently? Their collars are about 3 sizes smaller than they were in June.

The attraction of Gagne is that he's pitched in big situations and that is what the Brewer pen lacks.

Quote:
Well ESPN seems to be acting like its official.

That's also what happens with ESPN and their East Coast/Boston bias.

If this does happen, I'm a little disappointed. The pen is run down (thanks, Vargas/Suppan/Capuano for not being able to get out of the 5th!) and could have used the help.

Quote:
If you dont think Vargas was moveable because of injuries your an idiot.

I'm pretty sure that type of response is not allowed.

In response to your "point", Vargas has been fairly consistent this year, even though he hasn't gone deep into games. The Brewers have a good record in games he pitches. He also must be doing something right to garner a 9-2 record. He's been one of the few constants this year, in that you know what you're going to get when he goes on the mound.

Follow me on Twitter

Quote:
He also must be doing something right to garner a 9-2 record.

No offense, but people said Wayne Franklin was also a "winner" because he won more games one year than Sheets.

Vargas is what he is. A serviceable starter capable of keeping the bottom of the rotation together until Yo/Villy can be inserted full-time (next season). Which also makes CV the older expendable after this year... and depending on what the remaining SP options are for this year, he could be expendable, well, now.

Sorry to all the sensitive ladies we have here in the chat room. I should have used you are uneducated in your information. Your brain is unable to handle the ability to be smart. Wow and the grammer checks as well, if I wanted to deal with that crap I would go back to school. If you are not giving any real info to the conversation like the Red Sox Gagne deal is done the only thing left is Gagne has to waive his no trade clause, then turn off your computer.

Archived