Brewer Fanatic

Brewers in on Gagne? - Final: to Boston

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im getting really nervous. I would love to see Gwynn traded for Gagne and I would have no problem throwing in Turnbow as well especially if we could get Laird. I have a fear that we are going to trade Parra, Villanueva, or Weeks and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Quote:
Can anyone explain why Gagne would have a clause that allows him to veto trades to Boston but not Milwaukee?

This is just a guess, but perhaps he and his agent had the foresight to assumed that only a few teams would seriously entertain any thoughts about trading for him, teams with deep pockets like the "Big 3". Then when one of those teams tried to get him, he could hold them over a barrel and negotiate a new deal in exchange for waiving his no trade clause. They probably assumed teams like Milwaukee wouldn't get into the bidding, therefore no need to block us.

Just a thought

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Trading for Gagne would be the perfect move. The Brewers would have the market cornered on soon to be free agent closers. They basically could use the rest of this season as a tryout and sign the best value of the three and then get compensatory picks for the other two.

With all those picks the Brewers would be in the perfect sitluation to infuse a ton of talent back into the system. Drafting both high ceiling college players and fast rising college players.

I am going to miss the trade deadline when it goes.

Anyone ever wonder why MLB decided to make the deadline at 3pm now instead of midnight like they did back 10 years ago? I remember going to a Brewers-Mariners game at County Stadium a few years back and Jose Cruz Jr. was traded in the middle of the game.

Quote:
Please, include Weeks in the deal before Villanueva or Parra. Overrated 2B are easier to replace than quality, young pitching.
http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

If they traded Weeks I would be furious. First of all, it would be selling incredibly low on a guy who was the second overall pick a few years ago. Secondly, Weeks is coming off injury. They need to get him going. He has great upside.

Trading Weeks now, when he value has dropped so much but he still has so much talent, would be a very poor move and not up Melvin's alley.

I don't see any chance a deal for Gagne goes through. The Rangers are asking the Yankees for two great pitching prospects, one being Hughes.

Since they'd obviously be looking at similar compensation from us, it's not going to happen. Can't believe the Rangers are looking for so much, for a 2 month rental? We got far less for Lee. It's not happening. It would be contingent on Gagne approving the trade, too.

Hi everyone

This is my first post, although I've enjoyed following BF.net for many years. I look forward to participating in many spirited, insightful discussions.

That said, I have a hard time believing that CV or Weeks would be traded now for anything less than a blockbuster deal. CV has been the glue that's held our pitching staff together this season and Weeks is young and cheap. Unless the Brewers know something about Rick that no one else does, how could they ever deal him so low? This has obviously been a bad year for Weeks, but does anyone think we've seen the last screaming liner from his bat?

Quote:
It would be contingent on Gagne approving the trade, too.

From what I just read on mlbtraderumors.com, Gagne cannot veto a trade to the Brewers.

Also for what it is worth, I was listen to Drew Olson's show on 1510AM and at about 11:45AM all the hosts (Needles, Olson, Johnson) all received a blank email from the Brewers in a Press release format. Maybe the IT department or the PR department getting ready for a major news release????

Grabbing for a straw right now.....

Welcome, B&B. Great name!

Anyone ever wonder why MLB decided to make the deadline at 3pm now instead of midnight like they did back 10 years ago?

Rob Neyer is chatting right now and he said it was just too crazy and there was no real reason to have it so late, so they moved it up so that people weren't staying up til ridiculous hours of the morning.

I really hope the Brewers are sniffing around Laird as part of this deal, just to keep him from the scrubs. This does complicate things though, as we'd have to find a suitor for Estrada. Whats he worth, and who'd want him?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Buster Olney says the Mets have moved on to Chad Cordero, as they feel getting Gagne isn't going to happen.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived