Brewer Fanatic

Brewers in on Gagne? - Final: to Boston

Is it possible that Melvin is looking to move Cordero this season in order to get something good in return. Cordero would be the top reliever on the market. Id be curious what he could fetch.

Then if he can replace him with Gagne. Turnbow, Linebrink, Gagne - Thats a better 7,8,9 than we have now.

I just have a huntch that COCO is being discussed more than we know right now. If we are pursuing Gagne, that would make a little more sense.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to go clancy on a point, but this continued trade speculation that Gwynn is a centerpiece to this deal really really makes me think that Gwynn plus the package for Linebrink would have been competitive with the Braves offer for Texeiria at least in the minds of Texas. I'm incline to think that this would have helped the team more than adding Gagne and Linebrink personally.

Doesn't Gagne has something in his contract about saves and $? I would think he would need that part of his contract addressed before he was down with any trade.

I'd really hate to see CV go. T-bow and Parra is one thing, but with the pitching that we have already moved...

Several years ago, I can recall that Gagne made a comment to a reporter that went something like, "We're the Dodgers, not the Las Vegas 51s or the Milwaukee Brewers, if we need a player, we go out and get them".

There might have been a thread on the board with a specific quote. I was ready to get tickets in the right field bleachers so that I could verbally assault Gagne while he warmed up in the visitors bullpen. Unfortunately, Gagne suffered the first of a series of injuries and my plans were foiled.

While I doubt if we're on his list of teams where he will accept a trade, I would find it quite ironic if he ended up on our roster during a stretch run.

I hate to go clancy on a point, but this continued trade speculation that Gwynn is a centerpiece to this deal really really makes me think that Gwynn plus the package for Linebrink would have been competitive with the Braves offer for Texeiria at least in the minds of Texas. I'm incline to think that this would have helped the team more than adding Gagne and Linebrink personally.

Are you kidding?

1. What spot would Tex have played in Milwaukee, with Prince at first.

2. Gwynn is not even close to Salty as a player. You do realixze that Salty is a power hitting catcher, that could move to 1B if needed.

Inman is not close to Andrus as a prospetct. The other two guys might have been washes.

Brewers would have had to include Parra or Carlos V to get this done and maybe both.

CV is an interesting dilema. Starting to look as if he may not be any good to us the remainder of this year, but there is of course always next year and beyond. Looks as if MA nd DM are serious about not repeating the disater of last year, trying to make due with what they had in the form of guys like Eveland, Hendrickson, etc.

You have to give something to get something, but I would say the obvious deal is probably the least likely. I said a couple days ago that if the Brewers are involved in a trade yet, it will be of the blockbuster variety, involving some big names from both the Brewers and the other team(s) involved. With the exception of FIelder, Braun, Gallardo, and maybe one or two others, anything could happen (but probably won't).

Latest from rotoworld:

According to the New York Daily News, the Yankees turned down a deal for Eric Gagne that centered around Double-A pitching prospect Alan Horne.

The Yankees are said to have already told the Rangers that Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy are unavailable, which makes it difficult to see how a deal for Gagne could get done. Instead, they're reportedly offering some combination of Tyler Clippard, Matt DeSalvo, Jeff Marquez, Chase Wright and Scott Proctor.

Hopefully this knocks the Yankees out of the running...

Quote:
it will be of the blockbuster variety, involving some big names from both the Brewers and the other team(s) involved.

I agree. IF something happens, it will most likely be a jaw dropper and someone will get moved from Milwaukee that noone saw coming. Based on the past, though, I just don't think it's going to happen. I want to be "knee-jerky" and see a huge move for the sake of seeing a huge move but I'm not sure it would be beneficial.

According to the New York Daily News, the Yankees turned down a deal for Eric Gagne that centered around Double-A pitching prospect Alan Horne.

Who would Alan Horne most closely equate to in Brewer prospects?

Archived