Brewer Fanatic

Brewers in on Gagne? - Final: to Boston

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Sorry to all the sensitive ladies we have here in the chat room. I should have used you are uneducated in your information. Your brain is unable to handle the ability to be smart. Wow and the grammer checks as well if I wanted to deal with that crap I would go back to school. If you are not giving any real info to the conversation like the Red Sox Gagne deal is done the only thing left is Gagne has to waive his no trade clause, then turn off your computer.

Everybody wave goodbye!

Also, this is a message board, not a chat room.

If you dont think Vargas was moveable because of injuries your an idiot.

As has been noted, that type of response is completely unacceptable. Please do not call posters idiots and phrase your responses a little more politely.

Sorry to all the sensitive ladies we have here in the chat room. I should have used you are uneducated in your information. Your brain is unable to handle the ability to be smart. Wow and the grammer checks as well, if I wanted to deal with that crap I would go back to school. If you are not giving any real info to the conversation like the Red Sox Gagne deal is done the only thing left is Gagne has to waive his no trade clause, then turn off your computer.

I hope you enjoyed your stay here...

Sorry to all the sensitive ladies we have here in the chat room. I should have used you are uneducated in your information. Your brain is unable to handle the ability to be smart. Wow and the grammer checks as well if I wanted to deal with that crap I would go back to school. If you are not giving any real info to the conversation like the Red Sox Gagne deal is done the only thing left is Gagne has to waive his no trade clause, then turn off your computer.

This board is for educated Brewer fans that all have a mutual respect for each other. We can differ in our views of the team, but we still do not resort to name calling or insulting other posters.

Many teams are looking for help in the bullpen. It's not that easy to get a deal done. Boston is giving up some excellent prospects. Doug obviously wasn't willing to match that, and I agree with him. Maybe at some point we have to believe(hope, pray?) that Turnbow, Villy, and Cordero will get hot again. I'm glad DM did not panic and give up too much.

Quote:
No offense, but people said Wayne Franklin was also a "winner" because he won more games one year than Sheets.

I'm not basing anything off of wins and losses. I just failed to explain my point clearly. You said it how I wanted to say it. My point was that he is serviceable, and the 9-2 record is just gravy. I felt the original post made it seem as if we could do without CV the elder and not miss him. I disagree with that notion.

Follow me on Twitter

I must say, there sure are some hot tempered folks around these parts the last 4-5 months. I've yet to get so mad I couldn't type a coherent sentence on a message board... there might be hope for me yet.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Quote:
I felt the original post made it seem as if we could do without CV the elder and not miss him.

Had CV the elder been traded over the All Star Break and CV the Younger been put into his spot, with Yo and Parra in the pen... I could see how we would have been able to not miss Claudio.

However, with that said, Vargas will probably remain with the Brewers through the remainder of the year as Yo likely will go back to the pen for a little while to keep his innings down once Sheets comes back. And hopefully they'll put him in the rotation for Vargas going down the stretch.

I must say, there sure are some hot tempered folks around these parts the last 4-5 months. I've yet to get so mad I couldn't type a coherent sentence on a message board... there might be hope for me yet.

crew07: your a jerkstore

does that help?

"If you dont think Vargas was moveable because of injuries your an idiot." crosses the condescension line. "Sorry to all the sensitive ladies we have here in the chat room" = major condescension. "If you're going to calll someone an idiot, don't use the wrong word in front of idiot." answers condescension with more condescension.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I would have thought Gwynn, Jackson, and one of the A or A+ OF would have been a better deal than what Boston got. I would have done that if I was Melvin.

Looks like Melvin was willing to do that and possible more, but Texas accepted Boston's offer instead.

"After Melvin exchanged ideas with Texas general manager Jon Daniels Monday night and again Tuesday morning, a proposed deal was reached. The Brewers would send outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr., left-hander Zach Jackson (9-7, 4.69 earned run average at Class AAA Nashville) and another minor-leaguer to the Rangers for Gagne.

"We had a deal on the table," Melvin said. "We didn't want to bid against ourselves but we were prepared to up our offer. (Daniels) told me, 'We're seriously considering your offer.' We thought we had a chance.

"When he didn't come back and ask for more, that's when I got the feeling (Gagne) was going to Boston. At 2 o'clock they called us and said Gagne had approved the deal to Boston. I had anticipated that was a possibility.."

www.jsonline.com/story/in...?id=641126

Archived