Brewer Fanatic

Brewers in on Gagne? - Final: to Boston

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depending on who would would have to give up to get him, id pass. Considering we would be going up against NYx2 and Boston, I think the price would be pretty steep. The only way I can see it going down is if DM thinks he can get Gagne to sign past this year (cheaper than CoCo) and to become our future closer. If thats the case, I would rather wait til' season end and just sign him instead of giving up some top notch prospects which it will undoubtedly take.

Well we could give Periard, Jeffress, and Gwynn and thus have no plausible starting pitching depth of any kind between Milwaukee and Helena.

Yes I know people are high on Miller and McClendon but I'll be a believer when I see it.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Id be willing to give up Gwynn and Turnbow. Anything more than that and I will be pissed. As far as I am concerned Parra is too good to include in any trade for a rental player. We have already thinned the system enough with the Linebrink trade. i really like what Ive seen of Parra and would be really pissed if they traded him for two months of Gagne.

[ He has that off the bench pinch runner speed that can come in extremely handy in late game situations, not to mention his defense is stellar. ]

While that's true, it's hard to carry a bench player just for his legs and his defense... In September, it's a no-brainer, but in August and perhaps the postseason, it's an iffy call.

You have to hope that there aren't many suitors and they get pressed into feeling they have to deal him. The Yankees have said they won't deal Hughes, Kennedy, or Chamberlain, which the Rangers would obviously want. But I'd bet they would trade Al Horne, who is a pretty decent prospect himself.

Whether the Brewers have anyone they want to part with that is better is up to them, I guess.

And if he wants to close, he should be the closer. I'd rather have him in the 9th than Cordero.

How about this for a wrinkle? Cordero, Gwynn and Jackson for Gagne.

The Rangers can still get their two picks when Cordero walks, or move him right on through to one of the other teams, while adding a young arm and Gwynn.

Brewers Jump into Gagne trade talks

"Melvin would only say "no comment" Monday night when asked specifically about his interest in Gagne. But he regularly shoots down trade rumors if they are false and did not do so regarding Gagne.

"I'm talking to three or four clubs about different things, It's fair to say I'm looking to improve the club."

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived