Brewer Fanatic

Left-handed bat challenge, part 2

colbyjack
Per MLBTR...looks like the Crew is thinking of bringig back Counsel as a left handed bat option off the bench. I personally like it. He's shown the ability to help the team out...not the most consistent, but a proven bench player who can get the job done. He'll come cheap too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While the Counsell signing seems a likely inevitability, I'm not fond of it. The guy is a banjo hitter, and I use "hitter" loosely. He watches a lot of pitches but still can't hit. Decent OBP means he takes a few more walks. But the whole 2nd half last year proved the guy just can't do much at the plate at all. Aside from defensive and clubhouse positives, I'm not sure why we'd want him regardless of the price. Good dude but he's lousy.

He's great except for what he doesn't do well. :-)

I don't know what you wanted out of a reserve middle infielder MNBrew that would be better than Counsell. If the Hurricane could play SS we could have gone with him, but since he couldn't, we needed someone who could back up both middle infield positions. Especially since I'm guessing Hall will get about half of the starts at 3B.

I know it's kind of out there, but what if the Crew flips Weeks and puts Gamel at 2nd. He wouldn't be the first player to go from 3rd to 2nd, Kent and Utley come to mind as playeres that changed those positions when they got to the majors. Anyone else think that is an option?

I know it's kind of out there, but what if the Crew flips Weeks and puts Gamel at 2nd. He wouldn't be the first player to go from 3rd to 2nd, Kent and Utley come to mind as playeres that changed those positions when they got to the majors. Anyone else think that is an option?
If Gamel's defense is bad at 3B I don't want to know how bad his defense would be at 2B. I would rathergo with Weeks than Gamel at 2B. Weeks will be a better 2B than Gamel ever would be. If Gamel can't hack it at 3B there is no way he could make it at 2B.

Archived