Brewer Fanatic

Question about my home theater system

paul253
About 4 years ago I bought 1000 watt panasonic home theater system. Recently the 5 disc DVD player/am fm radio has taken a dump. While it still plays DVD's the screen gets all messed up (really hard to explain what its doing) and although I can still watch the dvd, its extremely obnoxious. My question is, can i simply buy a new Panasonic DVD Player? Will the Subwoofer still hook up to it? Do I have to buy a reciever in order to still use the speakers and subwoofer? Or do I have to replace the entire thing? I obviously prefer the cheapest method, and dont want to pay the $250 to get a decent reciever or $500 for a new home theater system. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Maybe. It all depends on what type of inputs you have on the receiver. You likely have a R/L speaker input but that wont get you surround sound. For that you'll need some sort of digital input. And any DVD player will do, just depends on how the remotes react and how many you want around.

I doubt this helps, but basically all the sound is hooked up through the subwoofer. The subwoofer is hooked up by one chord to the dvd player. Is the chord from the DVD player to the subwoofer a unique chord, as in, you can just buy another dvd player with the same connection? Or, is it possible to order the same DVD player from the company, do you know? Its a good system just the DVD player is going. I supposed I could even take that somewhere to see if that can get fixed.

Archived