Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Weekly on WTMJ tonight - 8:00 PM

AJAY

In case you are interested, I just heard an ad on AM 620 WTMJ for a new program called "Brewers Weekly". It starts tonight at 8:00 Central Time (Thursday, November 13th).

I don't know if they will have any guests, but it looks like Dan O'Donnell will be the host.

Yep, knew I was right.

"Are the Brewers going to go after K-Rod? He just finished the best season ever for a closer. He's going to get Sabathia like money."

Oy!

Now he's talking about free agent options. Before he was talking about Weeks' "boneheaded defense and inconsistent offense" and specifically names Jeff Kent and Felipe Lopez.

"I would love Rafael Furcal but he's really inconsistent. He could either hit .240 or .325." Yeah, except he's never hit lower than .270.

Now he says that Alcides Escobar has proven he can hit but he's not sure if the Brewers think his defense is ready. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

This is why the casual Brewer fan usually has no idea what they're talking about. Because they listen to the likes of Dan O'Donnell talking about the Brewers.

From what I heard there weren't a lot of callers. Maybe three total. There was a long interview with Bill Castro, he took a few calls then Trenni was on and they replayed an interview from a few days ago with Salomon Torres on the Greenhouse.

I personally doubt Escobar is a top 3 prospect, I know the power 50 has him #2 but I just feel it is a miss. He is a backup in the majors not a starter.
Escobar was the 5th ranked prospect in the completely stacked Southern League. He was behind Price, Kershaw, Maybin, and LaPorta. It is not just the Power 50 who think he is very good in also places like Baseball America. If those rankings hold he will definitely be a top 50 prospect in all the minors. He is a terrific fielder who is growing as a hitter. He developed a little power this year, but does need to learn how to walk. I am not quite sure why he is a backup in your mind. I could see him as an average SS but not a complete miss

Archived