Brewer Fanatic

John Garland

GoudaBrew
Good point rydogg. It ain't Arod and Santana who are overpriced; they actually earn their salaries. It's the Suppan's and Gary Mathews' and Torii Hunter's of the baseball world that skew the payrolls.
Decent point....but c'mon, as much as I love this sport they are all kind of overpriced for what they do on a day to day basis.

Baseball players in general being overpaid isnt an issue, it is who is paid what relative to production. If guys like McClung are around and they can give you a 4.90 ERA over the course of a year and are available for $1-$2 million and on a year-to-year basis, why would anyone pay an older player guaranteed $13-14 million per year for 3-4 years to put up a 4.75 ERA. It is just silly, but it happens every year. Like I said, give me Sabathia and McClung ($25 million total?) over Suppan and Garland ($25 million total?) any day.

Archived