Brewer Fanatic

College Basketball 2009

heresrobin
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, UW just creams Northwestern. I didn't get a chance to see the game but I thought it would be much closer.
Yeah, after how close the Penn State game was, I wasn't going to assume anything tonight. But my fellas Jon Leuer and J-Bo each had a nice night. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm going to be going to my first Marquette game since I saw Wade beat Cincinnati to win the C-USA title six years ago. I'm excited to be able to see the Big 3 for the first time, but WVU scares me, Butler and Ruoff are great players.

I'm going to be going to my first Marquette game since I saw Wade beat Cincinnati to win the C-USA title six years ago. I'm excited to be able to see the Big 3 for the first time, but WVU scares me, Butler and Ruoff are great players.

Since you are posting from the future, why bother even going since you probably know the outcome http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hint: Your tag is 2018

I don't think WV is nearly as good as some people think they are, sure they are a good team; but I feel if both teams play like they are capable of, Marquette should win.

Once Marquette starts playing Pittsburgh, Uconn, and other teams who have legitimate big men they will be in trouble IMO

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
WV plays lock down D. I think MU has trouble offensively although playing at home is an obvious advantage. I'll go WV 73, MU 67.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Da'Sean Butler fouling at as early as he did was huge, especially considering he had half of WVU's points in the first half. It also helped that Ruoff didn't shoot well. Does anyone know what was up with Hayward? He seemed to only play about 20 minutes.

Da'Sean Butler fouling at as early as he did was huge, especially considering he had half of WVU's points in the first half. It also helped that Ruoff didn't shoot well. Does anyone know what was up with Hayward? He seemed to only play about 20 minutes.

Has the flu and was on IV right up until tip off.

Badgers could not hit their shots. How many bunnies did they miss down low? Not to mention they could not get to the line to save their lives. Purdue just owns them.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I walked out of the UWM game to hear Wisconsin was up 10 with four minutes left, God. Gotta love the irony of Minnesota excelling at what Wisconsin can never do, come from behind down a few points with only a couple minutes left.

Trevon Hughes is a really frustrating guy to root for.

Wisconsin had three or four possessions inside 1:30 and didn't run any clock... They shot early in the clock. Just stupid play. They could have won comfortably by six or seven if they just ran some more clock and didn't panic.

Wisconsin had three or four possessions inside 1:30 and didn't run any clock... They shot early in the clock. Just stupid play. They could have won comfortably by six or seven if they just ran some more clock and didn't panic.
this is 100% correct. trevon hughes was frustrating to watch. he got burned on the last 3-pointer in regulation. he has no business going outside the 3-point line to challenge that shot. let the guy take a 25 footer. instead he got a wide open look and buried it.

not sure how im going to sleep tonight...ugly

Community Moderator

I'm so mad right now.

I agree with all the other comments about the game. The only way that the swing offense works is if all 5 players on the floor buy into the system. Trevon Hughes may have improved, but his selfish play especially as time is running out is the reason the Badgers may be headed for the NIT this year.

Trevon Hughes is a really frustrating guy to root for.
You know, just as I aim to be generally upbeat about the Brewers, so do I try for the Badgers. But it felt to me (and in no way do I possess a "basketball mind") like Trevon was more part of the problem than part of the solution tonight.

At least there were some enjoyable parts. And we didn't have to take the bus tonight.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived