Brewer Fanatic

College Basketball 2009

heresrobin
Did you hear about the end of the Arizona game? They lost to UAB after committing two intentional fouls in the last 30 seconds of a *tie* game! The first one came right after AZ had tied the game - they immediately fouled the player who caught the inbounds pass. UAB missed the free throws, Arizona missed a shot that would have put them ahead, and then with 0.8 seconds left, an AZ player dove at the legs of the UAB ballhandler....near half court. He was called for a foul and instead of almost certain overtime, Arizona lost by one after the UAB player hit one of his free throws. Yikes. Stupidity on the basketball court doesn't get much worse than that!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good night for the Big 10. Bad night for the Pac 10.

Nice victory for Illinois on the road at Vanderbilt. And Michigan knocks off UCLA on a neutral floor. The Wolverines played with a lot of confidence and toughness. Manny Harris and DeShawn Sims are a pretty talented nucleus. I was also impressed with freshman G Stu Douglass. It's still awfully early, but it doesn't look like there will be any gimme games against Michigan this year. Are we already starting to see dividends from John Beilein?

UCLA lost and USC loses to Seton Hall. A ton of talent left the Pac 10 this past year and things aren't looking so good right now.

From the looks of it, Wisconsin's showdown with #2 ranked UConn is going to be aired on tape delay at 8:45 on FSN here in Wisconsin.

It's the rare time when I'm glad there's a Bucks game going on....since it means I get to stagger my viewership with the Packers game.

From the looks of it, Wisconsin's showdown with #2 ranked UConn is going to be aired on tape delay at 8:45 on FSN here in Wisconsin.

It's the rare time when I'm glad there's a Bucks game going on....since it means I get to stagger my viewership with the Packers game.

my u-verse guide showed basketball on the alternate channel at the regular time. i hope that is the case!!

Im pretty sure that they are just picking it up in progress

Unfortunately, I don't get FSN where I live. I would be grateful to hear what some of you think of the game and how the Badgers stacked up.

Great early test for Wisconsin. It's obviously going to be a tough game for the Badgers to win. UConn has very good guards and a great duo at the Power Forward and Center position. I haven't seen the Huskies play this year, but from the looks of it, they don't go very deep in the frontcourt, so maybe if they can get one or both of Thabeet and Adrien in foul trouble or if they can pull them out of the lane as much as possible, they have a chance.

I'd just like to see a good game out of it though - build on the good effort against a solid San Diego team - and try to forget about the Iona game.

Think i am going to luck out in kenosha with comcast having the game on out of CHI.. Fingers crossed! On another Col. basketball note i just finished watching the N.D. game and they are going to be a tough team to play aganst this year. Looking forward to the Texas/ND game tommorow with the winner most likely playing UNC in the final.

Well, if the Badgers had to lose, a loss to the #2 ranked team in the country isn't the worst loss. (Not to mention, playing another Big East team will be good for the RPI).

The silver lining was watching Rob Wilson go right after Thabeet (and draw the foul). With Freshmen, I like to see little signs of encouragement...and he showed something tonight.

Bohannon is missing a TON of free throws already this year...he was our best FT shooter last year and if he's not knocking those down, especially at the end of games (like the Iona game), it's going to cost us at some point. He needs to figure it out soon...

Wow, because I was COMPLETELY disappointed in that game. Sure, it was closer than the score showed, but they were so totally outplayed and outcoached that I don't know if that matters.

The number of turnovers alone is reason enough to be upset about the game. Add to that that half the turnovers were on lane violations and not getting the ball over the half in ten seconds.

They were just plain outplayed. They had no answer for the pressure UConn brought, which they should have been better prepared for. They looked listless and like they were standing still. They couldn't get any penetration and when they did, they were frozen, like they didn't know what to do and quickly passed the ball back out.

There was a play midway through the second half where Krabby had the ball in the paint and never attempted to go for the basket or the foul and then passed it to someone on the other side of the basket, who was also in the paint and did the same thing - no attempt at the basket - and that guy passed it right back to Krabby, who again didn't go up and then was called for a 3 second lane violation. It epitomized the entire night for me.

The silver lining was watching Rob Wilson go right after Thabeet (and draw the foul). With Freshmen, I like to see little signs of encouragement...and he showed something tonight.

Totally agree...he actually did it twice, drawing fouls both times. It looks like Wilson might be exactly the type of player the Badgers need, someone that can get to the hole. Either way, to have Hughes, Bohannon, Taylor, and Wilson in the backcourt for the next two years is a good thing, especially later on this year, and next year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow that was an entertaining game tonight. That Vassallo guy was simply en fuego. I think the Badgers will be a much better team in March than they are now simply because those freshman guards will have some experience under their belts. Nice to see Bohannon find his stroke tonight.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That guy for VT was absolutely crazy. 9 point lead with one minute to go, and they tie it up with 7 seconds left, only to have Hughes hit a tough one to win it. Hopefully this win really bring the team together (see Texas win last year).

Gonna be a battle on Saturday at the BC. UW looked solid tonight, MU had a blinder on Saturday. If it becomes a track meet, MU wins. If UW can control the tempo and exploit their size advantage, they'll win.

I'll be the loud guy in 428 wearing a gold sweatervest. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Is North Carolina going to lose a game this year? Good lord.

I have a feeling they're going to split with Duke in the regular season. The ACC Tournament final will be a toss-up. Even if that's the case, it means they won't lose until February. They're probably better than the Charlotte Bobcats at this point (and Duke fans would claim better paid than the Bobcats, too).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived