Brewer Fanatic

College Basketball 2009

heresrobin
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still, the Big Ten, Big East and ACC each got SEVEN teams in. That's amazing! (well, for the Big Ten at least).

Nothing like the committee saying, "well, Wisconsin and Florida State played a bowl game against each other; might as well do the same in hoops."

I think the Badgers will win. Marquette playing up in Boise could be tough but I think they'll squeak through.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

After looking at the brackets, I would not be surprised if either Marquette or Wisconsin made it to the Sweet Sixteen. In my opinion MU has the easiest path for any of the six seeds. And the biggest thing going for Wisconsin is the complete lack of any expectations. They have a style of play that can control those high scoring offenses, and as long as they are able to put up a decent score they are in almost every game.

On a different topic, how hard is it for you to objectively pick your brackets? The past few years I had the gut feeling that Wisconsin was an obvious choice to get upset early but I was never able to pick them to loose before the sweet sixteen. This year is the opposite, I have watched them blow so many leads and play some bad games but I have a feeling that they will last longer than expected.

Vitale getting really upset on ESPN about Arizona getting in over Saint Marys. Got uncomfortable for a little bit.
He was acting like a 6 year old, yelling "Fine! My argument doesn't matter then!" Also didn't he just have some sort of surgery on his throat a couple years ago?

I'm not sure Arizona deserves to be in, but St. Mary's definitely doesn't if you ask me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If Dick Vitale were in charge every single bubble team would make it.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived