Brewer Fanatic

Anyone Go See The "Titanic" Exhibition At the Milwaukee Public Museum?

bobbledude25
Being a history nerd/major in college my gf and I decided to check this thing out on our off day. Besides it being really expensive to get in I thought it was pretty cool. Seeing artifacts from the most famous ship in the world pulled up from 2.5 miles down aftr all these years is pretty fascinating. If anyone is interested in going I would suggest going during the week. My gf and I were the only people under 75yrs old in the whole place I would say! lol. Has anyone else gone??

my wife and I did this when it was in Phoenix. I remember drawing a card with a person's name on it (you were to represent that person) and where they roomed on the ship (i.e. steerage, 4th deck, etc.) and then when you got to the end of the tour, you could check the big list of survivors and casualties to see if you "made it" or "died" on the ship. Pretty neat stuff overall.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

my wife and I did this when it was in Phoenix. I remember drawing a card with a person's name on it (you were to represent that person) and where they roomed on the ship (i.e. steerage, 4th deck, etc.) and then when you got to the end of the tour, you could check the big list of survivors and casualties to see if you "made it" or "died" on the ship. Pretty neat stuff overall.

Well....did you make it?

Paul253- It is here until May 2009, I would go see it if you get the chance

Pitchleague - At this one they hand you a boarding pass with someones name on it where they were from and why they were on the Titanic and at the end you can see if they died or not

I think it will be on display in Milwaukee untile sometime in spring.

I went to the exhibit in Chicago around 2001 as well. If you like history at all it is definately worth it. I got one of those cards with a passengers name on it...I did not survive.

I plan on going to the museum and checking it out this winter.

Archived