Brewer Fanatic

Garrett Atkins

GamelToe

I know the Rockies are shopping him, and we just so happen to need a solid 3B. I looked around and didn't see any threads on him.

What are the odds the Brewers try to get him?

His road splits from last year are abysmal. He had an OPS of .661 on the road although he did have an extremely low BABip of .250 so that could have been somewhat of a fluke. In 06 and 07 he did not have as drastic of splits so he could be a good option, but their will definitely be other teams in the bidding like the Twins who can offer the young pitching the Rockies want.

I know it truly doesn't relate to his real world value, but I had him in Fantasy this past season and by the second month of the season traded for A-Rod because I couldn't site daily and flip around my lineup for when Atkins was at home and when he was away, just too much work. That experience leads me to not want him on the Brewers, just don't know truly what you are going to get for a whole season away from Colorado.

Personally I'd love to get Atkins and Street in a deal. I was kind of hoping for Gregg but guess that's out the window now. I just think that if we can get Atkins we can keep Gamel down in the Minors and maybe get him some reps at first base? Eventually we are going to move Fielder and maybe just maybe we can still have an infield of Gamel, Weeks, Hardy and Atkins....

Archived