Brewer Fanatic

04/03/06 - Pirates (Perez) @ Brewers (Davis), 1:05 PM CT

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I was disappointed, that's for sure. I have a Wes Helms autographed picture on the top of my TV for trubite, though. I also have an autographed ball with his and Butch's autos on it - possibly my prized possession.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I left work last Friday I looked at my Brewers calendar and realized that when I got in Monday morning I would be flipping it from March to April, on Opening Day no less. So I get in this morning, take one last look at the photo of J.J. Hardy for March, flip the page to April, and discover that the player pictured for this month is ....... Chris Magruder?!?!?! Nice choice.

Even that can't temper my enthusiasm for Opening Day. Go Brewers!

I just noticed that the Pirates are starting 3 of the most notorious "Brewer killers": Jack Wilson, Sean Casey, and Joe Randa. Maybe it just seems worst than it is with these guys, but they always seem to kill us.

Those guys killed us when we had crappy teams. I dont think jack Wilson is gonna kill us this year. Despite what Pirate fans and Pirate management think of him, he's just a bad hitting SS.

I dont believe that Casey and Randa are going to continue to feast on Brewer pitchers simply because they are wearing Brewer uniforms.

Im getting pumped for the game.

Quote:
Yeah, hopefully no one gets BOOED this year.

I was not at the game...but would have booed if I was. The summer before I bought a Helms autographed game used bat for $150 at a charity auction. Now, mind you, I'm not the snobby type to usually go to those but was there for my brother-in-law...to me that was a lot of money. Needless to say, that bat is sitting in my basement gathering dust.

That's my first and last Wes Helms blast...

Go Crew...lets make 06 a memorable one.

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Well let's see. Our ace is out. We can't lose too much ground with him gone. We finally open at home, so we need to set a tone for the season and for the fans. We face a formiddable opponent in Oliver Perez. I'd say this is the first must-win of the season.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I say that the Brat is the first sausage race winner.

JJ Hardy gets the first hit of the season

Jenks is the first to go yard

Clark with the first steal

Go Brewers! happy baseball 2006 everybody!

Turn on FSN right now. Brewers stuff galore!

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

okay brewerjamie, I'll join with some predictions. Brewers win 8-3 (Dbacks, my other team, win 11-4).

Clark reaches base on a solid single in the first, scoring on a JJ Hardy hit-and-run.

In the game, Lee, Weeks, and Hardy all homer. Jenks with a double.

Polish wins the race.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You guys have inspired me. While I can't be at the game (working from home in Chicago), I went to the store and bought brats and kraut. I can at least pretend.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived