Brewer Fanatic

I need a part time job

tristarscoop

I just got my hours cut at work - which is nice, because they could have laid me off. But now I need a part time job. I thought I'd appeal to you all before I got write my hand off filling out applications.

*BA in Communications and Spanish

*experience as a barista, waitress, hostess and in retail

*freelance writer

*excellent copy editing skills

I'm up for pretty much anything, I just need to make up for my lost cash. I'm available from 3:30 on every day and have weekends completely open.

Anyone out there need some holiday/part time help?

Thanks!

freelance writing jobs can be nice because they're flexible, but they're hard to get and their per-hour pay is pretty low because the articles can take a while to write.

Bartender or waitress work might get you the best per-hour pay. otherwise you could look at temp agencies and do some inventory/stocking work for the millions of retail places out there that need christmas help right now.

If you are fluent in Spanish, I would think that most banks would snap you up in a heartbeat. That really is a niche market, appealing to the local Latinos.

We are also getting to the time of year when companies are looking for seasonal help. Keep your eyes open for that. If all else fails, there is always Covance. (I'm only half kidding about Covance.)

Obviously you want to put your training to use. But, I can tell you I made a killing as a delivery driver last year through the winter. Especially at night on the East Side. I worked at Patty Burger which was a good place. Pizza Shuttle you can do well to. That might not be the route your looking for, but you can start almost immediately at delivery places and look for other stuff along the way.

Good luck, working at a bike shop for a long time, I know how getting hours cut from full time to 10 hrs a week (or less) out of nowhere can really be stressful.

Archived