Brewer Fanatic

04/04/06 - Pirates (Vampire) @ Brewers (Capuano), 7:05 PM CT

BuckyTuba

My first IGT start of the year, hopefully i can last long enough so the bullpen posters don't have to be overused.

Victor Santos (4-13, 4.57 in 2005)

vs.

Chris Capuano (18-12, 3.99 in 2005)

this will be the first game i will miss of the new season. i will be traveling to illinois for a job interview with Exelon Energy.

/overuse of the bold command

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They updated milwaukeebrewers.com over the night, but last night it was Santos in a Brewers hat, very confusing for a minute. Not really, but let's make the Pirates regret their decision to pick up Santos from the Royals.

I'll be curious to see if the Pirates are sensible and start Craig Wilson vs. a lefty or if Tracy is stubborn and keeps Burnitz in the lineup. Joe Randa as a #5 hitter certainly was an unexpected present from the Pirates yesterday. Bay might be the only hitter in yesterday's lineup who's an above average hitter against lefties.

Robert

Hope that Cap proves people wrong that think it was a fluke last year. He was a good propsect till arm problems hurt him with the D-backs. I knew he was a steal when we got him in the Sexson deal.

I love his makeup and stuff. He is one of the better 3s in the NL

Joe Randa as a #5 hitter certainly was an unexpected present from the Pirates yesterday.

As I recall, Randa had put up huge numbers against Doug Davis which may be part of the reason for the order Tracy put out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is this game on TV?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

As I recall, Randa had put up huge numbers against Doug Davis which may be part of the reason for the order Tracy put out.

I'd like to see the sample size on those "huge" numbers. Especially since at the end of the day, it's ultimately just an old Joe Randa that's hitting.

Robert

I'd like to see the sample size on those "huge" numbers. Especially since at the end of the day, it's ultimately just an old Joe Randa that's hitting.

22 AB, but he has a 1.008 OPS against him! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I wonder how the Pirates are going to find a way to get Craig Wilson in the lineup this year. I just think he has too much talent to be riding pine for Pittsburgh. If I were Tracy, I'd be trying to get him back in the catcher's position.

Does anyone else ever get nervous when someone as crappy as the vampire is ptiching? In the past these journeymen always seems to lock us down. Maybe this begins a period of punishing these lower level pitchers and becoming an upper level team.

Sure is a scary thought, plus we may want revenge on his ex-team. Seems like the guys we should rock we don't and tough pitchers we have big games against them.

Pirates seem to be a thorn in our side also.

Need to have the bats come alive early tonight to set the tone. Hope that Koskie can make an impact on his first start tonight.

Quote:
Does anyone else ever get nervous when someone as crappy as the vampire is ptiching? In the past these journeymen always seems to lock us down. Maybe this begins a period of punishing these lower level pitchers and becoming an upper level team.

I'm expecting them to be better against the journeymen this year. With a solid lineup 1-8 there should always be someone to hit the mistakes the so-so pitchers make.

Santos did pitch well at times, and if his splitter is working he could be tough. I'd like to see the Pirates make an error or two early, as Santos does not react well to errors (abnormally high number of unearned runs).

Mad Scientist - couldn't agree more. We need to rattle Santos early, because once you rattle him - he's done. That is the one thing I will always remember about the guy, and the one thing that pissed me off the most about him.

Archived