Brewer Fanatic

04/05/06 - Pirates (Duke) @ Brewers (Ohka), 7:05 PM CT

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ Boy, Ohka sure does suck and I'm upset we paid him SO much money last winter. ]

He pitched great tonight. I still think he'll end up flopping in the first half, but I won't complain at all if he proves me wrong.

he may have won the battle, but he will not win the war! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Wise's AVG against may have been around .200, but a WHIP that low is impossible. The lowest you'll see is someone like Santana with a .9somthing (in fact, Wise had a .96). Turnbow was a 1.08 las year (which is excellent) and sheets has been around 1 in the last 2 years.

G1: 1 hit

G2: 1 hit, 1 BB

G3: 1 hit, 2 BB

Am I correct in saying Turnbow's WHIP is 2.000 ?

And doing absolutely ZERO homework on the matter... wan't Wise's something like .200 last year?

tell me it gets better... please.

As long as the era and, more importantly, blown saves stay at 0, it won't phase me. Of course, I'm guess that he's on your fantasy team. He might be mine too. Our draft is tomorrow.

Tau,

Just so you know, Wise's WHIP last year was 0.96. That's fairly incredible, and probably tough to reproduce. A good WHIP would be between 1 and 1.25. But don't worry, Turnbow's pitched only 3 innings. Don't make too big a deal over this, or the small sample size police will come after you.

Quote:
Lots of credit to Tomo Ohka. As usual, he is either really good or really bad. Tonight was one of his good nights obviously.

Not sure I agree with this. He was pretty consistent last year.

9 innings, 0 ER's

7.2 innings 4 ER's

5 innings 5 ER's

5.1 innings 4 ER's

6 innings 2 ER's

7 innings 3 ER's

6 innings 7 ER's

7 innings 1 ER

4.2 innings 4 ER's

8 innings 0 ER's

6.1 innings 3 ER's

6 innings 2 ER's

6 innings 4 ER's

6 innings 5 ER's

7 innings 1 ER

3 innings 3 ER's

7 innings 2 ER's

6 innings 2 ER's

7.1 innings 5 ER's

Those are his 19 starts with the Brewers. So he lasted at least 6 innings in 15 of his 19 starts.

He also gave up less than 5 runs in 15 of his 19 starts.

If you can get 6 innings and FEWER than 5 runs out of your #5 pitcher you are going to win a lot of games.

I totally disagree with those who say he is going to flame out this year. Nothing in his track record has shown that he won't continue to be consistent.

YAY!! Another win for us!! I kinda feel bad for the bucco fans, but not that much. I didn't get to watch the game, except for the inning where we put up the 2 runs with hardy's HR and Wilson's wonderful error(still worth all that money pittsburgh fans?). Great inning to watch during break at work. Very happy to see Prince get that hit. Can someone tell me how loud the crowd was during that?

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived