Brewer Fanatic

04/05/06 - Pirates (Duke) @ Brewers (Ohka), 7:05 PM CT

Your Milwaukee Brewers winners of two straight look for the sweep over the pesky pirates. After holding off a late run the brewers look to start the sophomore slump for one Zack Duke. Lineups are not out just yet but one would think that Mr. Fielder might find his way on the bench today against this tough lefty. On that same note would not be surprised to see hall back at the hot corner today. So if your going out to Miller Park or watching at home don't forget your brooms and lets start the season out right and make the pirates walk the plank!!

Pitching Matchup

Tomo Ohka RHP

Zach Duke LHP

TV: FSN North, MLB.tv

RADIO: Brewers Radio Network

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be an interesting line-up today. I hope that Hall or Weeks is inserted into the 5 spot, regardless of who is playing First. I do hope Prince is still in the line-up, considering how bad he's scuffling, a day off may send the wrong signal.

Hart for Jenkins would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen.

"Hart for Jenkins would be nice, but it ain't going to happen".

Nor should it. Jenkins was really seeing the ball well last night and putting good wood on it. Now is not the time to rest him. Hart needs a start, but you don't take the hot hand out of there. You give the struggling guy the night off and right now that's Fielder. If Fielder is so fragile that an off day is going to cause him to lose confidence, then he's not ready for the big leagues.

When Prince gets it rolling (and he will), then look elsewhere to get Hart a few starts.

Whoever was wondering about Turnbows closing song on opening day I have the answer. It is still "Fuel" by Metallica. There were only 15,000 there last night (I was there toohttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif), and people would get so pumped up about Turnbow. And the homer by Burnitz, well Ill just say 70% of fans were chanting throw it back, probally the most I've ever heard.

Also, does anyone know if we had a lot of fireworks last year opening series? Because now they have fireworks from the top of the scoreboard to centerfield, not just the booms.

I proposed last night after his second at bat, I believe, that Yost sit Prince against the lefty Duke. I predict a lineup of:

1) Brady CF

2) JJ SS

3) Jenks RF

4) El Caballo LF

5) Corey Hart! IB

6) Weeks 2B

7) Hall 3B

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif Miller C

9) TOMO

Note: Hall and Hart could be interchanged in the order.

Milwaukee -105 / -105 Pittsburgh

Milwaukee -1.5(+190) Pittsburgh

Over 8.5 -120 / +110 Under 8.5

GP's Picks

Bank = $1,025.35 ~ 2-0 ~ (+25.35)

Bet: Pittsburgh (-105) *** bet 3.15 to win 3 ***

Over/under Record: 2-0

Prediction: under 8.5

Beer Record:

Natural ice 2-0

Alcohol for the game: Mixed Drink

Notes : Sick of Natty ice, I want the hard stuff today.

jsonline is reporting Fielder will be dropped to 7th in the lineup.

Here is the Brewers' lineup:

1. Brady Clark, cf.

2. J.J. Hardy, ss.

3. Geoff Jenkins, rf.

4. Carlos Lee, lf.

5. Bill Hall, 3b.

6. Rickie Weeks, 2b.

7. Prince Fielder, 1b.

8. Damian Miller, c.

9. Tomo Ohka, p.

Here is the Pirates' lineup:

1. Chris Duffy, cf.

2. Jack Wilson, ss

3. Sean Casey, 1b.

4. Jason Bay, lf

5. Jeromy Burnitz, rf.

6. Joe Randa, 3b.

7. Luis Castillo, 2b.

8. Humberto Cota, c.

9. Zach Duke, p.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

can you post a link to that fielder statement from jsonline? I can't find it.

thanks

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Team W L PCT GB Milwaukee 2 0 1.000 - St. Louis 1 0 1.000 0.5 Chicago 1 1 .500 1.0 Cincinnati 1 1 .500 1.0 Houston 1 1 .500 1.0 Pittsburgh 0 2 .000 2.0

Ah the way it should be.

Time for the crew to get duke's sophmore slump started.

http://www.geargrid.com/site/images/broom-center.jpg

edit: Please limit the size of your images -TC

Archived