Brewer Fanatic

2008 Brewers Classics on FSN-Wisconsin

BrewCrewForever
That's because FSN North is out of MN. FSN Wisconsin is an offshoot of FSN North. That is why you can have 2 different guys in the studio that aren't together. One is in the MN studio and one is in the MKE studio.

I don't know why they don't show the classics during rain delays. I'm getting kind of sick of the 40th video.

This is why they can get away with saying "in the Fox Sports studios." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I suppose since weather delays can be just about any length, the 40 moments video is easier to interrupt frequently than a game rebroadcast. Or perhaps the folks at FS think we might be confused if they switch from a recorded game to a live game.

Otherwise, yeah, the 40 moments get a little older every time they show them (literally and figuratively). I seem to always catch the moments narrated by WSP. Tremendous!

(Though, to be fair, WSP is hardly the only person related to the sports world who overuses "tremendous.")

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Would be nice if they could show games from the '80s and '90s. Maybe they don't have the rights to some of those?

When the classic games first started, a number of older games were shown. Among them were the Nieves no-hitter and the 31-hit game vs. the Jays. There should be in-game threads for some of the classics in the Archived In-Game Threads forum.

For what it's worth, two or three of these games actually made it to the satellite services. That stopped as abruptly as it started, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I like the classic games during the off-season...I just wish they would air some games older than 2007 or so. Seems like they focus exclusively on recent years. Would be nice if they could show games from the '80s and '90s. Maybe they don't have the rights to some of those?

Yes, I've heard they did show some games from 1981, 82 and 87. I think the game from 1981 was against the Yankees in the playoffs, game 3 I think. I'm not sure why they wouldn't show them anymore. Does FS-WI take suggestions?

Would be nice if they could show games from the '80s and '90s. Maybe they don't have the rights to some of those?

When the classic games first started, a number of older games were shown. Among them were the Nieves no-hitter and the 31-hit game vs. the Jays. There should be in-game threads for some of the classics in the Archived In-Game Threads forum.

For what it's worth, two or three of these games actually made it to the satellite services. That stopped as abruptly as it started, though.

I must have missed that. It would be nice if they could continue that; there are times when FSN shows Twins Classics but they black them out for WI subscibers. I don't know why they couldn't show WI related programming such as Brewers Classics or Packers Weekly during those times.

Archived